delayed service

JEllison

We purchased a 2015 Big Horn in Las Vegas, Nev. in Nov. We need warranty work done but the RV Service in our area Guaranty won't book us in until Nov. because we did not buy from them. We have a valve that won't shut off, if you are hooked to city water and have the valve turned to city water it leaks back into the holding tank. That fills up and then there is water all over.
So who do we deal with? Stopped by Highway sales they don't have authorization to work on Heartland. We are in the salem, Ore. area.
Thanks
Jay Ellison

jimtoo

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry to hear your having a problem getting service, but it's not unusual for a dealer to put off customers who did not purchase from them. I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and ask for an independent service person or company in your area. They may have someone listed, if not, you might check with Highway Sales if they are willing to do the work maybe Heartland will authorize it, but you must call first.

Let us know how it goes.

Maybe one of our other members will jump in about that valve operation also.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of things that I would do is contact Heartland Customer Service and ask them if they would authorize a repair center in your area to do the warranty work. They may refer you to an independent repair center.
Or if you are handy they may send you the valve and you can replace it on your own.
I have heard of issues with those valves, one being that it looks like it is in the correct position but not quite there.
I have also heard of them being plumbed incorrectly.
Can you access the back of the valve and trace the PEX?
I'm sure that others with the same valve will chime in with some helpful ideas.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi JEllison,

If the fresh water tank is filling by itself, it could be that the 4-way valve is leaking, but it's more common for the water pump to be the problem. There's an internal check valve that may have failed.

If you're handy and have basic tools, you can fix either problem in less than an hour. I'd suggest you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Explain what's going on and ask if they can send you a new 4-way valve. You'll have to remove the panel in the pass through storage, behind the UDC, but that's pretty easy. Once inside, the valve can be easily replaced. Just keep track of which hose goes where.

If it's the water pump, that's also very easy to replace. A few mounting screws, a couple of wire nuts connecting power, and twist-on water fittings.

pegmikef

In my case it was the pump check valve and I ended up putting a separate in line check valve in and that solved the problem. In the interim before I could do the repair I would hook up to city water, but as soon as I saw water coming out of the fresh water overflow, I just turned off the city water and switched to the pump until the fresh water tank was almost empty and repeated this procedure as needed. Eliminated the water mess made from the leaking.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jay,
There are a couple of options for you to think about. You can call Heartland and get them to approve a repair facility near you, or you can ask Heartland if they will approve warranty work with Sutton RV. They are LM dealers, but don't carry BH. Another option would be to see what Curtis RV in Portland has to say.

Kristy