Do all the legs on the Lippert Auto-Level hydraulic system make ground contact?

cxander72

Just purchased a Cyclone 3714 with the Lippert Hydraulic Auto Level and each side of the trailer has three legs. The auto level system seems to level the trailer however, the middle and rear legs on one side do not contact the ground. Depending on the terrain, the side seems to alternate. Is this normal or should all of the legs make ground contact? I searched through the online literature and could not find an answer. Any assistance is appreciated.

SLO

All the legs should touch the ground. If the site is very unlevel you may need to manually level it. If extremely unlevel you may need to put blocks under the leveling pads. Or, as I would do, find a more level site. If the site is reasonably level and your auto level is acting this way, there’s something wrong with the auto level system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just purchased a Cyclone 3714 with the Lippert Hydraulic Auto Level and each side of the trailer has three legs. The auto level system seems to level the trailer however, the middle and rear legs on one side do not contact the ground. Depending on the terrain, the side seems to alternate. Is this normal or should all of the legs make ground contact? I searched through the online literature and could not find an answer. Any assistance is appreciated.
Count the bolt holes on each of the jacks and compare them to the corresponding one. Maybe they weren’t mounted evenly

Gary521

Yes, it normal. However, it's not good. To fix the issue, lower the middle and rear legs a couple bolt holes. Lippert has a spec as to the minimum height from the ground to the bottom of the foot. I did this this mine. The middle and rear legs have a shorter throw than the front legs. When leaving a camp site, do a walk around to make sure all the legs are raised fully.

cxander72

All the legs should touch the ground. If the site is very unlevel you may need to manually level it. If extremely unlevel you may need to put blocks under the leveling pads. Or, as I would do, find a more level site. If the site is reasonably level and your auto level is acting this way, there’s something wrong with the auto level system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! I have been using the blocks to ensure leveling for each leg and to prevent over-extension.