Electric Landing Gear Lubrication Tool

Rollin_Free

After reading several post on how to disassemble landing gear to lubricate I looked through YouTube for awhile and ran accross this video. The first 2-3 minutes is muted but it will start shortly after the initial name of presenter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5PFpIQgfFA

Granted it's based on a SOB trailer but most electric landing gear are basically the same. As others have done I watched the video and purchased what I think is a better parts list to assemble the tool so you can lubricate the landing gear Jackscrew without removal of the entire landing gear assembly. The pictures below show the tool, the list of parts, and the final product.

The parts list:
1- 3' piece of 1" flexible tubing (cut to 30")
1- 3/4 nylon bushing with 1/4" hole tap
1- 3/4 nylon bushing cap
1- 1/4 X 1/8 hex bushing brass
1- 11/16" - 1 1/2" hose clamp
1- grease zurt with 1/4" pipe threads

As the video states I also went to the hardware store for all these items not an auto parts store.

I did a slight modification to the procedure when I found it was beneficial to fill the 30" hose until the grease is about 6" from the end before pushing it into the landing gear on the Jackscrew. This was much cleaner and guarantees that you have grease covering the entire Jackscrew all the way to the top. The total amount of grease I used for both legs was 1 1/3 tubes of EP MOLY grease mentioned in the video. The 3/4 nylon bushing cap is used to seal the tubing with the remaining grease inside so it can be used for future lubrication of the Jackscrew and not worry about contamination.

The best part of this tool is the landing gear remains in place and it will be very quick process in the future to lubricate the Jackscrew in my electric landing gear.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg