Family Vacation to the West from Louisiana

gasman

Camp Socializer
While you are in Moab, you will want to visit Canyonlands NP, Arches NP as well as Dead Horse Point SP. They are all within 12 miles of Moab. The best RV park in Moab is Spanish Trail RV Park. While in Cedar City, be sure to drive up to Cedar Breaks SP.

Wayner197

Perfect! Just what I was looking for! I will check out Flagstaff and Sedona and the train tour as well. Thank you for taking the time to (re)type all that information. It is a slow day at work today so I hope to work on this. We belong to Good Sam and AAA so I guess I should have checked there first! Will do so now.

Thanks again!

- - - Updated - - -

Good idea. We belong to Good Sam and didn't know about the trip planner. Thanks for the heads up!

If you stay in Sedona, AZ you have to take a day to do a "Pink Jeep Tour". They will take you to God's Country - areas where you cannot see in a normal vehicle. Well worth the time & price for the tour!

MountainDon

Something gorgeous to see, if you are going to cedar city is the kolob canyon drive. This is just on the north end of Zion, accessible from I-15 (between cedar city and St George If I remember correctly). it is a little 5 -10 mile loop you can drive and get out of the car for a few minutes - it will BLOW your mind. This is such a small little thing that will show you some of the wonder of Utah!!

Don

WalkTheLine

Just wanted to give an update--- after weeks of trying I was finally able to secure 5 nights RV spot at the GC north rim in September! We can't wait!!! I have been doing trip planning on Good Sam and so far so good. We are going to take 2 weeks or so and make our way up there and back staying at various sights along the way. It'll be awesome. We plan to hike a lot at the GC but also maybe take a day trip to Zion.