Fifth Wheel Towing and Roadside Assistance

bdenison

Earlier this year, we had a incident where one of our tires sheered off. (lug nuts gone, etc). We were at a ranch near Clearlake CA and needed a tow/flatbed. We signed up for Good Sam, but after going through an hour on the phone to explain the situation, then an hour wait for them to say we have to pay out of pocket since they dont have provider. I was fine with paying out of pocket, but they did not help us located one. We then called AAA for assistance and they found a place back in Sacramento to come out and tow my fifth wheel on a flatbed. They never called back as well. (since I had a missing wheel). I would have preferred a mechanic on call but there were none in the area.

So, with this being said. Where can I find a place that can assist that is better than Good Sam or AAA? I want to travel across the US, but am reluctant to use Good Sam or AAA Premier.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have just used Google search on my phone, many times over the years, when I have trucks down in unfamiliar areas. You might have to make several calls until you find the right service, but that has worked for me in the past. In clear lake, I have used Les Schwab out of Ukiah Ca.

wdk450

I am going to give you the contact info I have on a general purpose welding shop I used in 2014 (?) in Cloverdale, West of Clearlake on US 101. The owner of the business was a former trucker, and 2nd in charge of the Clearlake Volunteer Fire Department (See his metal sculpture outside the firehouse). I had twisted I-beams on my frame from frame flex, and at the time i first contacted his business he had a Cameo (?) big 5th wheel in his shop with the same problems he had towed from Winters, West of Clearlake, a trip of about 80 miles, to his shop in Cloverdale, to do the repair. Hopefully, he knows the right people in the area to get your job done.
Good Luck!!

Fletcher Fabrication
Roger Fletcher – President

Fletcher Fabrication

235 S. East Street

Cloverdale, Ca 95425

bdenison

I am going to give you the contact info I have on a general purpose welding shop I used in 2014 (?) in Cloverdale, West of Clearlake on US 101. The owner of the business was a former trucker, and 2nd in charge of the Clearlake Volunteer Fire Department (See his metal sculpture outside the firehouse). I had twisted I-beams on my frame from frame flex, and at the time i first contacted his business he had a Cameo (?) big 5th wheel in his shop with the same problems he had towed from Winters, West of Clearlake, a trip of about 80 miles, to his shop in Cloverdale, to do the repair. Hopefully, he knows the right people in the area to get your job done.
Good Luck!!

Fletcher Fabrication
Roger Fletcher – President

Fletcher Fabrication

235 S. East Street

Cloverdale, Ca 95425

Thanks Bill! I will keep his contact info.

We were able to get help from Fischer Auto and Electric (4314 Old Hwy 53, Clearlake, CA 95422). They were able to get us up and going in under four hours.

Ben

wdk450

BTW, if any of you get to Cloverdale someday, it is in the Napa-Sonoma wine region, and Francis Ford Coppola's outstanding winery is right on US 101 South of town. There you will find some of Coppola's many filmmaking mementos including the desk and made up period newspapers from the Godfather movies, a number of Golden Globe and Oscar statuettes, and an original Tucker automobile on a rotating turntable.