Heartland Service near Philadelphia, PA? I need a recommendation.

ziggysun

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Heartland Service Center near Philadelphia, PA?

Selling Dealer is not an option as we think there may be something major wrong with our Big Country and that Dealer took 3 weeks to replace a converter, couldn't duplicate a problem with door side light (which was a blown bulb?!) and called me to ask if they installed the new shower faucet (which they did not) since they couldn't find the one that was ordered and had to order another.

I've been in contact with Heartland Customer Service, sent pictures, etc. and while they gave me names of 3 service centers, 1 in Delaware; 1 in New Jersey and 1 in Media, PA it doesn't seem like any of them have very good reviews or are accredited with the BBB.

We've said numerous times that we would bring the camper to Heartland in Indiana and leave it there until they could get to it even though they have a full schedule, but seems as though they don't want us to bring it to them and are pushing us towards taking it some place local.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations.

mlpeloquin

Re: Heartland Service Center near Philadelphia, PA Area Recommendation

First find a good independent RV repair business near you that has good reviews. Then contact them and see if they are willing to become Heartland approved. That is what an independent RV repair place we go to did here in California.

rdufek

I highly recommend Wilken's RV in Bath NY. Without getting into details I am extremely happy with their service. I have no reservations in their ability to do major work on my RV.

ziggysun

I highly recommend Wilken's RV in Bath NY. Without getting into details I am extremely happy with their service. I have no reservations in their ability to do major work on my RV.

We met a bunch of Wilkins sales reps at the Hershey Show last year, then again on a trip up to Bath, NY in the Fall, very nice people. Sure wish they were closer to us, the trip would be approx. 300 miles one way and the service locations they're referring us to are less than 50 miles.

We think we have frame flex, front wall of 5th wheel has more than 1/2" gap from front closet dividing walls when we are hooked up and there is significant damage to all closet dividing walls as if floor was pushed up with some force. After sending pictures they say it's not frame flex but to take it local facility for inspection, measuring and confirmation before performing the closet repairs. The problem is we are in the City, not really RV country around here and the 3 places they referred me to sure don't look promising.

porthole

Retired

Check Fretz RV to see if they are still a dealer. Probably less then an hour north of the city.

When our trailer was new, purchased from a dealer in Indiana we had a slide problem

Fritz had no problem making an appointment for us for "sometime on a Tuesday afternoon"
We were on our way home from the first PA rally. They were very accommodating with flexible time and when we got there the service manager came out, gave us his opinion and repair procedure and we were on our way.

Never had the repair, but i wouldn't hesitate to give them a call.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do have a frame issue you will most likely be going to Elkhart.

Last edited:

BHEWITTJR

Try Tom Schaeffer's Rv in Shoemakersville. It's on rt. 61 above Reading. They are a landmark dealer, I had my Bighorn worked on several times and I'll take my current Big Country there if I ever need work done. We were very satisfied with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggysun

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you for the recommendations.

NYSUPstater

Hopefully their service dep't is better than sales dep't.

ziggysun

Check Fritz RV to see if they are still a dealer. Probably less then an hour north of the city.

When our trailer was new, purchased from a dealer in Indiana we had a slide problem

Fritz had no problem making an appointment for us for "sometime on a Tuesday afternoon"
We were on our way home from the first PA rally. They were very accommodating with flexible time and when we got there the service manager came out, gave us his opinion and repair procedure and we were on our way.

Never had the repair, but i wouldn't hesitate to give them a call.

- - - Updated - - -

If you do have a frame issue you will most likely be going to Elkhart.

I wanted to share that Fretz RV in Souderton, PA (if this is the same place?) doesn't do warranty work on Heartland RVs anymore, even though their website states they do. Thought I should pass it along in case anyone else happened to read this thread and thinks they could use them.

Vinny773

Try Tom Schaeffer's Rv in Shoemakersville. It's on rt. 61 above Reading. They are a landmark dealer, I had my Bighorn worked on several times and I'll take my current Big Country there if I ever need work done. We were very satisfied with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Schaffer's no longer deals with Heartland. I was trying to buy a new Oskhosh from them.

ziggysun

Tom Schaffer's no longer deals with Heartland. I was trying to buy a new Oskhosh from them.

I have a service appointment set up with them for 5/17/17, so I hope they'll still honor it. I'm getting a little concerned since it appears that Heartland is losing their dealers and my Big Country is only 6 months old.