How do i go about changing batteries on my 2011 Augusta keyless entry?

Redwolf

My keyless entry pad does not light up. Is it the batteries? Is there another 12 volt power source that comes from beyond the contact points on the frame of the doorway?
I read somewhere that there is a power wire that feeds from the inside stair light switch. Any help on this? It worked for awhile but now it does nothing.

CoveredWagon

My keyless entry pad does not light up. Is it the batteries? Is there another 12 volt power source that comes from beyond the contact points on the frame of the doorway?
I read somewhere that there is a power wire that feeds from the inside stair light switch. Any help on this? It worked for awhile but now it does nothing.
It's battery powered. The are two little screws on the inside handle that hold a cover in place. Use a flash light to find them.

rhodies1

What type of keypad do you have. Is it built into the handle or a separate keypad. Mine on my 2012 is about and inch wide by 4 inches long on the outside wall of the trailer. It you have one like mine you have to remove the keypad from the trailer. It’s stuck on with 2 face tape. There are 10 little screws on the back holding it together. Be sure to take apart somewhere on a plate so you don’t loose any screws if you drop one. The battery on this type of pad is a CR 2032.
Use 3m two face tape to replace.

Redwolf

What type of keypad do you have. Is it built into the handle or a separate keypad. Mine on my 2012 is about and inch wide by 4 inches long on the outside wall of the trailer. It you have one like mine you have to remove the keypad from the trailer. It’s stuck on with 2 face tape. There are 10 little screws on the back holding it together. Be sure to take apart somewhere on a plate so you don’t loose any screws if you drop one. The battery on this type of pad is a CR 2032.
Use 3m two face tape to replace.
Hi! My keypad is on the outside wall to the left of the door. How do I pull it out? I'm afraid I will break the pad. I don't really see a place to pry it out.
Does your 2012 keypad still work? I see so many people saying they replace the batteries and it only works for awhile.
Is there also another power source to trigger the bolt. I read something about a lead wire (12 volt) that comes from the inside stair lights. I'm guessing the battery works the combination keypad. Then the 12 volt lead triggers the lock bolt once the keypad uses the correct combo.
Thanks for your help. Do you know any of these details??

rhodies1

It is stuck with a 2 face tape. Take a piece of nylon fishing line on each hand. Stick it behind the edge of the key pad and using a sawing action,,cut the tape. It takes a little effort but it will cut the tape . Once off, clean the sticky tape off the backing. There are 8 or 10 tiny tiny Phillips screws holding the back on. Take out the battery. It’s a CR2032 battery. I have replaced mine a couple of times. Also take the 2 prongs on the door and clean with Alcohol.
My keypad is totally keyless. No wire backup.my keypad is located on the left side of the door.

rhodies1

My key pad is a rectangle style as mentioned. It’s about 1 by 4 inches. It’s made by Southco Industries which I believe us now owned by Lippert.

Redwolf

My key pad is a rectangle style as mentioned. It’s about 1 by 4 inches. It’s made by Southco Industries which I believe us now owned by Lippert.
Yeh, sounds like the keypad on my 2011 Landmark Augusta. I will try the fishing line to get it away from the outside wall.
Here is a picture of it from underneath...

Attachments

• 20231117_094603.jpg
    20231117_094603.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 9

Redwolf

How did you make out getting it removed and battery replacement
I removed the keypad by using a can top with a pull tab. I didn't have any fishing line. The back only had 1 tiny Phillips head screw that was rusted.
I used liquid wrench without any luck.
I used a tiny drill bit to drill out the one tiny screw. Still can't get it open.20231203_202607.jpg

rhodies1

Take a knife blade and be careful and the back should pop out. You can see the fine line where the back snaps into the front section. Yours is different from mine. Mine has screws holding the back in place. It still snaps out once the screws are removed