How long is "normal" to wait for a repair quote?

Westwind

Gulf Coast Girl - Any issue, check it out on this forum like you did, you will realize it's that best info you can get. If you know of a campground nearby stop in and ask in the office if they have a mobile tech that they recommend - and if your inclined look for a trailer in the campground and ask the owner. I've had to do that and it's always worked out for me. Forget the dealer, they usually can't handle the type of work you have - it's a little for complex then changing a light bulb.

I've made the decision to do the repair myself. Once I told the dealer there was no way I was paying $5,800 for all that work I asked them to give me a quote for JUST THE DOOR. They told me the door alone was $644.00 + 50.00 shipping + 3 hours labor to install it for a total of $1144.

I got my quote from Heartland... the price of the door is $390 so the dealer is marking it up by 65%! OUTRAGEOUS!

I watched a video on YouTube of the process to change out an RV door and it's so simple I laughed at even thinking about paying to have it done. Going to order the door and do it myself!

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!! :)

brianlajoie

Check out RV Service Reviews on the web for area techs. I would recommend that you look for a certified RVIA/RVDA master tech. I have two that I have worked with. My trailer has never been to a dealer and I hope it stays that way. I made the appointment and the service was done while I watched. Also run a web search for master techs in your area. Both techs I use have excellent ratings on RV Service reviews web site. You can learn a lot watching and talking to these techs. You can also run your rv tech selection by the forum group here to see if anyone has experience with them.

AAdams

I've made the decision to do the repair myself. Once I told the dealer there was no way I was paying $5,800 for all that work I asked them to give me a quote for JUST THE DOOR. They told me the door alone was $644.00 + 50.00 shipping + 3 hours labor to install it for a total of $1144.

I got my quote from Heartland... the price of the door is $390 so the dealer is marking it up by 65%! OUTRAGEOUS!

I watched a video on YouTube of the process to change out an RV door and it's so simple I laughed at even thinking about paying to have it done. Going to order the door and do it myself!

Thanks for all the great advice everyone!! :)

Please post pictures on this thread, it may help someone else in the future.

Warrstang331

North Carolina Chapter Leaders
Just purchased a 2017 cyclone 5 July 16 which ended up needing warranty work. Got it in myrtle beach and brought it home to Fayetteville that day, took it to camping world in my my area to have the warranty work corrected. Problem was the holding tank sensors not reading which when they got to look at it turned out to be a ground problem that is currently fixed. When I took the rv there they told me 2wks so I figured well let's do the slide toppers at the same time. Well at the end of the first week I called to get an update. There response was we haven't gotten to u yet there is still 22 rv's ahead of u. I proceeded to go up there everyday after work to stay on them. After complaining daily they findly moved me up installed my toppers and checked and corrected warranty work. But one of the slide toppers that came in was incorrect. Finally picked up with one incomplete topper that will have to go back to be installed. When it comes in. Bottom line I will do any other work myself since I am mechanically inclined with over 30 yrs of experience in the maintenance field. They area currently hiring service technicians here and I taught about applying but changes would have to be made there. But then again na. I'll work from home got a 3 bay work shop out back just wish it was big enough to get my rv inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk