How to level 09 Sundance 2900MK

pitacoy

Recently purchased this rig & just installed a Mor Ryde king ping hitch box; now trying to level the unit;
Level measurements frame to ground are 24" front & rear; I have my Husky hitch set in the highest point
and when hooked up, measurements frame to ground are 22" front & 25" rear. I have never attempted to
adjust the positioning of the king pin box, but that looks like my next step. Any suggestions will be much
appreciated. Would really like to drop the Husky hitch down one setting if I can gain enough with king pin
adjustments. I tow with a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab, long bed, 2WD. Thanks in advance.

Coy in Rural North Florida

ncc1701e

Recently purchased this rig & just installed a Mor Ryde king ping hitch box; now trying to level the unit;
Level measurements frame to ground are 24" front & rear; I have my Husky hitch set in the highest point
and when hooked up, measurements frame to ground are 22" front & 25" rear. I have never attempted to
adjust the positioning of the king pin box, but that looks like my next step. Any suggestions will be much
appreciated. Would really like to drop the Husky hitch down one setting if I can gain enough with king pin
adjustments. I tow with a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 crew cab, long bed, 2WD. Thanks in advance.

Coy in Rural North Florida

When I installed my Mor/Ryde Pin Box I put it back in the same holes as the factory box. So I'm a little confused. Are you wanting to level your truck/trailer when hooked up as a result of the dip in the truck when the trailer is attached to the truck? If so, someone else may say to move the pin box or adjust you hitch, but that is what I intalled air bags for.

pitacoy

Thanks for the reply; Mor Ryde was installed same as factory box, but, my rig was not level with factory box. My experience has not been with any adjustment to the pin box and on other units had been able to level the rig with height adjustments to the 5th wheel hitch only. Currently with all the adjustment in the hitch in place, my 5th when hooked up is low in the front as I indicated. Just looking at the pin box, it appears that I can lift the front of the 5th by adjusting the pin box, but have no experience with doing that; any guidance with that will be appreciated. The suspension on my TV is such that I don't think air bags will be needed; just want to tow as level as practical.

jnbhobe

You can use any combination of hitch height and pin box adjustment needed to level your rig. I just would make sure you don't end up with the nose high, a little down in the front is ok. I try to stay as level as possible.

caissiel

I have always set my trailer on the TV level when ready to unhook. Meaning that the front is low in front when towing and automaticaly level when unhooked on level ground. Makes setting up and rehooking much easier. Now I ride 2 to 2.5 low on the front while towing. On 39ft its not much problem. Even with the 24ft unit it was great.

pitacoy

Thanks for the input; adjusted he pin box and now ride about 1.5" low in front when towing which works good. Was nervous about moving the pin box but
it really was not a problem.

Coy Donaldson