Inside outside speakers

Sierra66

We just got into a Prowler P295 5th wheel and I have a question.

How owe do I choose speakers inside/outside/both?

It it has the Furrion head unit. I can't find any option or setting. Also there are no buttons anywhere else to choose from. Nothing in the manual.

Thanks,

Jonathan

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You have to use the 'fader' option.

I think the 'front' speakers are the outside speakers and the 'rear' speakers are the inside speakers.

Of course, in the middle and you'll have all of the speakers going.

nfa1eab

My Road Warrior has the Furion unit. I removed inside speakers and head unit and had to connect wires properly for fader to work as front for inside, rear for outside. No rhyme or reason to how it was wired. Common problem. Factory needs to address this, as well as wiring of surround sound and tv in main area. Only complaint I have had with Heartland. Otherwise very pleased with unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Sierra66

nfa1eab, I found the very same thing. My outside speakers were wired as "all left" on the balance. My ocd side says wire it to the "rear" instead but therapy seems to be working (joke) and I'll just leave it. Just wish it was a little easier than going through the options in the head unit menu and instead press the old A or B speaker button.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My Road Warrior has the Furion unit. I removed inside speakers and head unit and had to connect wires properly for fader to work as front for inside, rear for outside. No rhyme or reason to how it was wired. Common problem. Factory needs to address this, as well as wiring of surround sound and tv in main area. Only complaint I have had with Heartland. Otherwise very pleased with unit.

Our previous Heartland Trail Runner was all wired screwy as well.

And the speaker wire they used did not match the color code on the back of the Jensen head unit, plus some of the speaker wire used in it was zip cord (lamp cord wire).

Almost like they ran out of wire and just grabbed wire remnants off of the floor to finish the job.

I did the old 9-volt battery trick to get the polarity to match, replaced the junk stock speakers with good ones and called it a day (just put those same good speakers in our Prowler a couple of weeks ago)!

Sierra66

I am figuring on replacing ours as well, are they 5" speakers? Looks about right. What kind did you go with?

nfa1eab

Make sure if you go to replace them, that you get speakers that are the same depth. I would remove one and measure. Not all marine speakers are shallow enough for the wall. Inside ceiling is deeper.