Lippert Solera Awning Support Parts

JimHanus

Our camper has a Lippert Solera power awning and one of the support arms is bent. It appears that a part of the support is not available separately, you have to buy the entire support assembly. Has anyone had any luck finding just one piece of the support? I've found a bunch on eBay but not the correct part. Thanks.
awningarm.JPG

Richeboom

Jim I have the exact same issue. Prevents one side from fully retracting. Did you find just that 49" piece of the assembly? If so please share where.

wdk450

If your search for the part remains fruitless, you might take your pictures along with some measurements to a local metals welding or machine shop who could fabricate (maybe even a stronger replacement within the folding awning size constraints) you a new part.
Did this damage happen during opening/closing, or from wind gusts when open? I think there are external wind switches available that close the awning if wind is detected and you are away from the rig. If this was an open/close jamming foulup, maybe you want to install an extra fuseholder near the switch you operate the awning with, and experiment with finding the fuse size that lets the mechanism operate normally, but blows the fuse if jamming starts. I have read on the forum that at least some of these awning motors are common car electric window motors. I do remember at one time there was a movement in the auto industry to stop these motors automatically if a kids arm/hand got between the glass pane and the door frame. Maybe that circuitry is available or duplicatable with some internet searching.
Good luck with finding affordable solutions to your problem.

BTW, I looked at your photo of the bent support arm, and immediately the images of how my trailer tube axles were bent back into correct alignment by a truck wheel alignment service in Nebraska using a air powered hydraulic bottle jack and a 3 part jig in the shape of a cut off "H" with hook over "hands" on the ends of the "H" upright that hooked on the axle tube with the bottle jack on the "H" crossarm. Wit a lot of experience and skill. a laser alignment system tied to the wheels, the owner/tech could move this rig side to side down the axle tube and tilt it from rear horizontal through vertical to front horizontal to straighten those axle tubes precisely.
I found this You Tube video of the tube axle bending alignment process, although this guy used a chain rig instead of the special heavy steel bars "H" kit I saw in Nebraska.

I found this Solera awning stuff on E-Trailer. They have a chat line where you can talk to an RV parts/systems advisor: