LR TV mount on wall

Can I put a tv mount on the wall (obviously this is the inside of the exterior wall? We're looking at a 37 or 40 inch screen. The 40 inch weighs under 17lbs, so not really alot of weight, but traveling down the road might prove otherwise. All help will be greatly appreciated, and accepted.

Power247

I have a 40" wall mounted in the entertainment center area of our TT but I always take it down and put it on the bed before we hit the road.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Thanks Greg! That's what I was thinking, and most likely the best option.

Charlie & Vicki
Dawgs: Duke and Mia
'17 Elk Ridge E292 Extreme Light
'15 F250 6.7 Power Stroke diesel FX 4 Lariat Crew Cab
Super Glide 16k 5'er hitch

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
With the right TV wall mount you shouldn't have to take the TV down when on the road.

Power247

With the right TV wall mount you shouldn't have to take the TV down when on the road.
I agree but I was more concerned about what it is mounted to than the mount itself. I know all models are different but mine felt like it had minimal area to attach the mount to. Would probably be fine but just not worth the chance for me.

The mount I bought has a quick mount feature and it only takes a minute to put it up or down. Plus, since my entertainment center is mostly covered by the LR slide when it is pulled in, moving the TV to the bed makes it easier to unload after a trip.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If I were to mount a TV to an outside wall I would find and mark a couple of wall studs.
Then I would get a piece of half inch plywood about eight inches by whatever the distance is between the wall studs plus about four inches.
Cover the plywood with some black speaker felt, attach the plywood to the wall studs then attach the TV mount to the plywood.

However, it is possible that Heartland already has a mounting board behind the wall in the area that you are wanting to install your TV.
Give them a call and ask for the location.
574-262-8030

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
My question is...where on an outside wall. Why not mount it in the front compartment on a swivel mount. You might already have a 120V plug and coax connection there on DS back wall.

Thank y'all for the info! I will call tomorrow to ask about the pre-mount already there or not. Where the tv is going is basically like an entertainment center, which is on the starboard side of the TT, rear living. Yes, coax, rca cables and power are there already. I don't have any photos of it at this time. I just gotta get r dun before mama gets on me about tv...lol!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thank y'all for the info! I will call tomorrow to ask about the pre-mount already there or not. Where the tv is going is basically like an entertainment center, which is on the starboard side of the TT, rear living. Yes, coax, rca cables and power are there already. I don't have any photos of it at this time. I just gotta get r dun before mama gets on me about tv...lol!

If it is an entertainment center (probably the same one that is in ours) . . .

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

there is a backing plate in the middle of it.

justafordguy

I agree, as long as it's mounted into a stud and enough mount for the TVs weight, no reason to take the TV down off the wall for travel. I have 4 TVs in mine and they ride fine. ;)