Morryde Latch Extensions

PALTeam

Past Indiana Chapter Leaders
At the NAHR 2023 rally we bought and installed the MorRyde latch extensions on both of the exterior doors on our Cyclone. They work great and make it lots easier to open the doors, but it was difficult getting the keys in and out of the deadbolt slots, especially with my fat fingers.

So, if we can have latch extensions, why not key extensions? Some aluminun and a couple of design changes resulted in success. Wife likes them too, so they are real winners.

Attachments

• Latch Extension (2).JPG
    Latch Extension (2).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • Original Key Fit.JPG
    Original Key Fit.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • Original Key Fit (2).JPG
    Original Key Fit (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 32
  • Key Extensions.JPG
    Key Extensions.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • Key Extension and My Fingers.JPG
    Key Extension and My Fingers.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

CoveredWagon

How about a RV door lock and a key fob ? We love ours. We don't use the fob. I did up grade to the one button lock system and love it. 😁

Ps. Ya need more junk on that key ring Lyle 😂

PALTeam

How about a RV door lock and a key fob ? We love ours. We don't use the fob. I did up grade to the one button lock system and love it. 😁

Ps. Ya need more junk on that key ring Lyle 😂
Considered RV locks, but our doors have the bigger, longer glass, doesn't leave room for the RV locks, even the compact model.

As to more 'junk', the more I put on, the bigger the key ring and S carabiner, the harder it is to misplace. Even thought about a foot long, florescent wand. 😁

NYSUPstater

I was about to post that we just bought the very same thing last week at the Hershey show and a question on mounting it.

So upon seeing this, I have 2 questions:

A. What did you use for sealant on the 3 holes you need to drill as the kit doesn't come w/anything in that regards??
B. How are OP's key extenders working or other suggestions as we have the same door latch and never gave it a thought wt the show?

PALTeam

I was about to post that we just bought the very same thing last week at the Hershey show and a question on mounting it.

So upon seeing this, I have 2 questions:

A. What did you use for sealant on the 3 holes you need to drill as the kit doesn't come w/anything in that regards??
B. How are OP's key extenders working or other suggestions as we have the same door latch and never gave it a thought wt the show?

A. Hmm, didn't even think about a sealant, but it fits tightly enough it shouldn't be an issue. The most I would do is a couple of dabs in the bolt holes.
B. Key extenders work great. Next generation, if I get to it, would be a fold up design, where key folds into an extension, sort of like a pocket knife. I showed the key extender to Gary Wheeler, of MoRryde, and he had the same thought; maybe MoRryde will come up with something.

jmarnell

Just re-read this thread and saw the comment about RV Locks not fitting on the tall glass Cyclone doors. We installed the compact model on our Cyclone doors. Yes, they overlap the window trim a bit. But I found the foam gasket on the RV Lock nicely filled in the little gap that was there. After I took these photos, I added a small bead of silicone across the top of the lock just to make sure. Been on there over 3 years and no leaks at all.

Attachments

• 20200604_114156.jpg
    20200604_114156.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20200605_114902.jpg
    20200605_114902.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

PALTeam

Just re-read this thread and saw the comment about RV Locks not fitting on the tall glass Cyclone doors. We installed the compact model on our Cyclone doors. Yes, they overlap the window trim a bit. But I found the foam gasket on the RV Lock nicely filled in the little gap that was there. After I took these photos, I added a small bead of silicone across the top of the lock just to make sure. Been on there over 3 years and no leaks at all.
Well now, that's good to know. Didn't realize it was that small of an area on the window trim.

Did you overlap the window trim or cut that portion out?

Thanks for sharing, looks like another upgrade for Clone II.

jmarnell

Well now, that's good to know. Didn't realize it was that small of an area on the window trim.

Did you overlap the window trim or cut that portion out?

Thanks for sharing, looks like another upgrade for Clone II.
I overlapped the trim. That's why I added a bead of silicone across the top just to make sure it sealed well. I've read where some people cut the trim, but I didn't want to do that just in case we ever took these door locks off.

Routemaster

I have asked this before my little lady can not reach the lock or latch since we installed the drawbridge MORryde steps. As I see it even if one buys the extension, she still can not turn the key!! I always wondered why couldn't we have the lock at the lower half as well and work in conjunction with the top lock... so I bought a set of fold-away steps.

Attachments

• Unable to reach lock.JPG
    Unable to reach lock.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

PALTeam

I overlapped the trim. That's why I added a bead of silicone across the top just to make sure it sealed well. I've read where some people cut the trim, but I didn't want to do that just in case we ever took these door locks off.
Thanks much!