My first "How To" Video - Wiring a Transfer Switch

Oregon_Camper

Ok...Posting this here is a big test. I know so little compared to a lot of you on this forum, but what the heck.

I'm not a great speaker in front of a camera, so there where many-many-many takes.

If you have 10 mins and want to watch my YouTube video on how to wire a 50 Amp Transfer Switch, then click on the link below.

YouTube Page with my Video

This is all part of my plan to create a successful Blog. While I'm still years away from retirement, I'd like to build my Blog now and have it become my hobby in retirement....plus my wife is kinda getting on-board with being involved, so that is a win-win.

I don't think folks will be recognizing me in campgrounds ANYTIME soon. LOL :p

Last edited:

Bones

Ok...Posting this here is a big test. I know so little compared to a lot of you on this forum, but what the heck.

I'm not a great speaker in front of a camera, so there where many-many-many takes.

If you have 10 mins and want to watch my YouTube video on how to wire a 50amp Transfer Switch, then click on the link below.

YouTube Page with My Video

This is all part of my plan to create a successful Blog. While I'm still years away from retirement, I'd like to build my Blog now and have it become my hobby in retirement....plus my wife is kinda getting on-board with being involved, so that is a win-win.

I don't think folks will be recognizing me in campgrounds ANYTIME soon. LOL :p
Good job. Video is very clear and straight forward.

CDN

B and B
Hi Jim,

Nice video! Good production skills and well shot.

One error in your wiring that leaves a safety hazard. You say to wire and outlet from shore power to the convertor. This leaves the potential of 50 amps available at a standard duplex outlet. Illegal to do this, need a breaker box and a 2 pole breaker to feed the transfer switch and a single pole for the power plug for the Convertor.
036315d9-78ce-4735-a818-28a063cd137e_1000.jpg
Brian

Oregon_Camper

Hi Jim,

Nice video! Good production skills and well shot.

One error in your wiring that leaves a safety hazard. You say to wire and outlet from shore power to the convertor. This leaves the potential of 50 amps available at a standard duplex outlet. Illegal to do this, need a breaker box and a 2 pole breaker to feed the transfer switch and a single pole for the power plug for the Convertor.
View attachment 53364
Brian

GREAT Feedback!!! I've changed the video to edit out that last section, leaving the user having to turn off converter at circuit breaker to avoid power loop when using inverter power. The link in this post now points to the corrected version

Last edited: