New owner Torque26 Heartland Toyhauler re: salon fan

Hi, this is my first time doing a thread and my first time owning a 2019 T 26 heartland toy hauler and the main parlor fan suddenly stopped working and I am new to all of this and I am not certain how to troubleshoot and I am not very handy, but thought I would try this for him It’s in great condition and it always runs and it just seems to suddenly have stopped working and I I did check the battery panel and all the few I have not taken each fuse out individually I did not see in the manual, so I’m reaching out to this community to see if anybody might have a suggestion , I am a young 60-year-old female that really needs to bone up on learning a few things so I’m putting it out there. Thank you so much. Judy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

david-steph2018

Not sure if the fan is 120 VAC or 12 VDC electrical power, but thinking it is 12VDC. Going with this, find your breaker panel (120VAC), near it should be another panel (12VDC). This panel has fuses in it for 12VDC operation. If a red light is on in this panel, that indicates a blown (bad) fuse.

wdk450

I personally haven't seen any 12 VDC ceiling fans. You might call Heartland service dept (with your VIN) to ask if the celling fan is 12 VDC or 120 VAC.

There have been many poor wire connection problems with these RV's over the years. A wire nut connection may have vibrated loose from over the road vibrations. You will have to disconnect the fan from the celling to check this. You may want to get an RV servicer to do this for electrical and physical (ladder) safety precautions.

I personally recommend replacing wire nut connections as you encounter them with Wago (brand) spring lever arm connectors, positive vibration-resistant connections, good to 32 amps.

Not sure if the fan is 120 VAC or 12 VDC electrical power, but thinking it is 12VDC. Going with this, find your breaker panel (120VAC), near it should be another panel (12VDC). This panel has fuses in it for 12VDC operation. If a red light is on in this panel, that indicates a blown (bad) fuse.

Thank you for suggestion. I do not drive it on road, it’s at semi permanent location. Here’s the panel box, still all thumbs…… live on island.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

david-steph2018

Is the remote hard-wired or battery operated? Check here first for power. Check batteries, voltage if hardwired, if okay go to the ceiling fan.
If everything is working fine, start troubleshooting at the fan. Using a voltmeter check for voltage there.

Hollandt

Hi, this is my first time doing a thread and my first time owning a 2019 T 26 heartland toy hauler and the main parlor fan suddenly stopped working and I am new to all of this and I am not certain how to troubleshoot and I am not very handy, but thought I would try this for him It’s in great condition and it always runs and it just seems to suddenly have stopped working and I I did check the battery panel and all the few I have not taken each fuse out individually I did not see in the manual, so I’m reaching out to this community to see if anybody might have a suggestion , I am a young 60-year-old female that really needs to bone up on learning a few things so I’m putting it out there. Thank you so much. Judy
I think I have the same fan in my 2018 Fuel 305, It is 12v and has a brushed motor. I had issues with mine working sometimes and not working other times. I could tap on the side of the motor and it would sometimes start. I noticed that there was a clicking inside the motor. What I found when I dissembled the 12v motor on the fan were the brushes were sticking in the holders(there were two sets of two as I recall). I had to correct(file down) the brushes where they would slide freely in the holders. Since then (knock on wood) I have not had any issues.