Newbie... Bighorn 3970RD. 2016.

I am new. Im certain will have a lot of questions later.
To start we, myself and husband, purchased this in Late April. We retired from publuc safety positions and now work commercial construction. (Sub contractors ). Ours bighorn was supposedly new. Not home when delivered when we finally got inside (we purchased it to live in when ever were working in town or just no job available) we found the refrigerator had stopped working ice had melted . I began cleaning the water near fridge and found areas under flooring had trash accumulated underneath and. I then began looking at entire interior closely and found a hairline crack in shower wall. Im thinking this could cause problems in future. So call dealer they pick it up. They keep it 4 and half months I go in to check on progress about 4 weeks in and I see they were able to remove trash under flooring (close to kitchen island) so i inspect around the whole island and find where they CUT the flooring and didnt bother to fix the area they had cut. I told them it should be sealed properly So no future issues with whayever material is under flooring. So I then address the shower. I do not want a patch I want a new shower placed. In the end I get it back (while im out of town) i come home to find it appears they ran a glue like substance over the cut flooring they ran a glue like substance over the crack in shower wall. This is not a fix in my mind its a temporary patch. So I am home maybe 5 days. Taking my shower I see some ants I follow them with my hand at top of shower where meets wall. And gusless what I find/feel. The shower is not attached to wall properly and a huge cut into the actual wall. Im so very disappointed in the dealer. I have told them. They can have this thing. Apparently eith heartland didnt do a thorough inspection or didnt care and the dealer didnt inspect so well either. I dont want to be stuck with junk. Pls help. What can I do? The dealer is pocking it back up. But I dont want a temporary fix. I want what I thought I paid for. New well cared for inventory. Thanks for letting me ask and vent.
Bunkergear14

rhodies1

I am new. Im certain will have a lot of questions later.
To start we, myself and husband, purchased this in Late April. We retired from publuc safety positions and now work commercial construction. (Sub contractors ). Ours bighorn was supposedly new. Not home when delivered when we finally got inside (we purchased it to live in when ever were working in town or just no job available) we found the refrigerator had stopped working ice had melted . I began cleaning the water near fridge and found areas under flooring had trash accumulated underneath and. I then began looking at entire interior closely and found a hairline crack in shower wall. Im thinking this could cause problems in future. So call dealer they pick it up. They keep it 4 and half months I go in to check on progress about 4 weeks in and I see they were able to remove trash under flooring (close to kitchen island) so i inspect around the whole island and find where they CUT the flooring and didnt bother to fix the area they had cut. I told them it should be sealed properly So no future issues with whayever material is under flooring. So I then address the shower. I do not want a patch I want a new shower placed. In the end I get it back (while im out of town) i come home to find it appears they ran a glue like substance over the cut flooring they ran a glue like substance over the crack in shower wall. This is not a fix in my mind its a temporary patch. So I am home maybe 5 days. Taking my shower I see some ants I follow them with my hand at top of shower where meets wall. And gusless what I find/feel. The shower is not attached to wall properly and a huge cut into the actual wall. Im so very disappointed in the dealer. I have told them. They can have this thing. Apparently eith heartland didnt do a thorough inspection or didnt care and the dealer didnt inspect so well either. I dont want to be stuck with junk. Pls help. What can I do? The dealer is pocking it back up. But I dont want a temporary fix. I want what I thought I paid for. New well cared for inventory. Thanks for letting me ask and vent.
Bunkergear14

Get your vin number of the unit and call Heartland direct,bypass the dealer and advise them about the poor service to date,they may have another dealer in your area that they can recommend and have it fixed correctly.This current service is not acceptable and I would advise the dealership owner/ service mgr of your expectation
I would have crapped on them along time ago,they would not have had my unit for 4 and a half months.

Good luck

mlpeloquin

Dealers use the people they have to push new products out the door. Some do not have qualified techs to do proper warranty work. They set the warranty work on the back burner and take forever to contact Heartland. Now not all do this, but a lot. Ask Heartland for an approved independent RV repair business closest to you. That is all they do and cannot afford to have your rig taking up space so they get right on the job. They also cannot afford to get a bad reputation so I have found they do much better work.

You will have to explain what was wrong with your new rig, they did to your new rig, and how long they took to make it worse. So have you vin number ready and call Heartland. And insist on not having them in particulier work on your rig again.