Onan Control Panel Hour Meter - slowly adding hours - with NO generator???

JBoyerinAbq

We've had our unit about a week now and I'm one of the fortunate ones who have had few issues overall. I'm impressed with fit and finish and the unit impresses me every time I step into it. So, here's my question. While stepping into the unit at our PDI, the ONAN hour meter on the Master Control Center had just less than 4 hours. I did not ask - I assumed in my mind that during construction, systems are tested and run and that is how the hours got there. Didn't think another thing about it. Noticed yesterday that the hour meter is up to 4.7. Again, we have no generator, at least yet. Ideas on why the counter is adding minutes here and there???

Safe travels all.

danemayer

Hi Jeff,

The Precision Circuits Power Control System senses power from the counter at pin 7 of the 12 pin low voltage connector. Since you don't have a generator providing power to the counter, my guess is that there's an unexpected interaction from the Power Control System causing the counter to increment.

You might give Precision Circuits a call at 630-240-9832 to see if they have an idea of whether something on their system could account for this.