poor tv reception

sjbixby

we purchased a new 2016 northtrail 22 rbk. it has the new style tv antenna on roof. one that has no movement to it. so you can't adjust to pick up more channels. we lost a lot of channels from our old batwing antenna. anybody else having the same problem. I don't want to start going through wiring or take to dealer if it is the way the antenna supposed to work. booster is on. we get some channels just not as many.

danemayer

Hi sjbixby,

Congratulations on your new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'd guess it's more likely you have a poor coax connection somewhere, but perhaps another owner who has experience with the new style antenna can comment.

sjbixby

thanks for your response. I was hoping it's a connection. don't want to change out antenna. like some others have done. will go through the connections soon. thanks again

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When you check the connections I suggest that you unscrew the F-connector and look to see that there are no shielding wires touching the center conductor.

Peace
Dave

sjbixby

thanks for your response. I was hoping it's a connection. don't want to change out antenna. like some others have done. will go through the connections soon. thanks again

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I will do thanks. does anybody know how the antenna comes off the roof mount so I can check the connection on the roof.