Popping noises in the under carriage

wscheer

Some times we experience "popping noises" in the under carriage. we have been set up in the same location since Nov 1st.. I have not been able to pinpoint the areas. This is a new purchase (2012) purchased in Aug 2011

Thanks

jimtoo

Hi wscheer,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

There has been a few folks talk about "popping noises" in the under carriage. I think most have found that it is occurring due to the jack feet shifting just a little. If you don't have a board under the foot you might try putting one there, or some have gotten the cheap cutting boards and use them. They make it slick enough to let the feet move due to temp changes or normal shifting without the popping sound.

I'm sure some others will jump in soon with other thoughts also.

Enjoy the forum and your Landmark.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would suggest you have your jacks and stabilizers extended properly and be sure the stabilizers are not just touching but tighten to a point of starting the raise the coach. Also be sure you have support under the jacks and stabilizers (a board or something such as that) so they do not sink in the ground. We always use a piece of wood under each one even if we are on concrete as it keeps it stable.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
hi all ..although we are parked on concrete your responses are noted...will check further

walt
Walt, the front landing legs on the newer rigs are mounted on an approximate 5 degree angle. For some reason, with temperature changes overnight or even during the day, expansion and contraction seems to be causing the pads on the front legs to slide just enough to cause the popping sound. We are on concrete and have wood under all of our "legs" and still get a few pops. I've heard that using those thin cutting board sheets under the round discs will solve the problem. I haven't tried this yet. I've just gotten used to the pops. Everyone I've talked to having the newer front legs has noted this noise.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
We have a 2012 Key Largo and we heard the "pop" this morning. We've been reading about the popping sound and when we heard it this morning, I told my wife, "It's just the level up legs shifting, relax". She thinks I'm so smart. Thanks for the info. Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We have a 2012 Key Largo and we heard the "pop" this morning. We've been reading about the popping sound and when we heard it this morning, I told my wife, "It's just the level up legs shifting, relax". She thinks I'm so smart. Thanks for the info. Ken

Ken, your secret is safe with us.:cool: