Power Management

carl.swoyer

Does anyone know if I can add a power Management system to my 2012 Landmark Rushmore.??
If I understand correctly the newer Landmarks have power Management installed.
Thoughts on the process would be great.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Carl,

I think this is doable. If you plan to do it yourself, you'll need electrical experience and good understanding of your RVs electrical system.

The near impossible part will be making the PCS load shed your air conditioners. To make that happen, you will need to get a pair of wires to each AC unit and back down to the breaker panel area.

Give a call (630-515-9100‬) to PCS and chat with George Cepynsky there.

Bear in mind too that the PCS (Power Control System) in the Landmark 365 product is more of a load-shedding system and less of an EMS (Electrical Management System) such as when we think of the Progressive Electronics product that protects the coach from various bad power conditions with shore power.

Used in conjunction with each other (EMS+PCS) - one has it all pretty well covered.

carl.swoyer

Carl,

I think this is doable. If you plan to do it yourself, you'll need electrical experience and good understanding of your RVs electrical system.

The near impossible part will be making the PCS load shed your air conditioners. To make that happen, you will need to get a pair of wires to each AC unit and back down to the breaker panel area.

Give a call (630-515-9100‬) to PCS and chat with George Cepynsky there.

Bear in mind too that the PCS (Power Control System) in the Landmark 365 product is more of a load-shedding system and less of an EMS (Electrical Management System) such as when we think of the Progressive Electronics product that protects the coach from various bad power conditions with shore power.

Used in conjunction with each other (EMS+PCS) - one has it all pretty well covered.
Thanks Jim for the response!
Is there any way you can send me a model number.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Thanks Jim for the response!
Is there any way you can send me a model number.

Carl - I think it would be best for you to survey Precision's website - link: http://www.precisioncircuitsinc.com/

Beforehand, take a look at your current breaker panel. Count the number of breaker positions you have (both used and open) - other than the 50 amp double-pole breaker. Measure the opening that the breaker panel is cut into.

Then on Precision's website, look at the various 50 amp panelboards. Some are standard and some are split. Heartland uses the standard but you may have a use case for the split (additional inverter powered circuits for example).

This all said, my guess is you'd likely want this kit.