Preventing Rust on the Frame

Trying to consider options for how to not be one of the folks who has a lot of rust issues on their underbelly. Has anyone tried applying any aftermarket sealer / preventers to their entire underbelly areas? If so which ones and were they successful? I'm wondering if something like a spray on bed liner or something similar might prevent all these issues in the first place.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
akycycloners... I think the bedliner material would add some weight (it goes on pretty thick) and I know it is pricey. I had a few spots on mine, i cleaned them up and sprayed them (3 coats) with a gloss black rustoleum. Looks good and no more rust. One can goes a long way, but it's the prep work (elbow grease) that makes the difference. Let us know what you end up doing and how it turns out.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I too, carry around a can of Rustoleum and when I see a spot of rust appearing I touch it up. I try to stay ahead of it. Also for the bright work underneath the rig I carry a can of spray lithium grease and use it on those areas. Trace

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
3M makes a paintable undercoating in a rattle can. $4-5 a can. Clean the area...spray some paint on the area and let dry. Then spray on the undercoating. If you want the shiny look then you can paint over it.