rear stablizer jacks

I have a 201 big country 3650RL... the first time i used the rear jacks they bent...each time since they have bent as well. Is there a way to modify them to be more sturdy or a replacement that is more sturdy? I appear to get alot of movement with any inside movement in my camper. To walk across the floor feels like horses running. should it feel this unsturdy? thanks! Deb:(

danemayer

I have a 201 big country 3650RL... the first time i used the rear jacks they bent...each time since they have bent as well. Is there a way to modify them to be more sturdy or a replacement that is more sturdy? I appear to get alot of movement with any inside movement in my camper. To walk across the floor feels like horses running. should it feel this unsturdy? thanks! Deb:(

Hi Deb,

First of all, welcome to the Heartland Family and to the Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information here along with lots of friendly people who are willing to help out by sharing their knowledge and experience.

As to your rear jacks, I'm assuming these are stabilizers, not landing jacks that are part of a hydraulic leveling system. If so, they are intended to stabilize and are not load-bearing. On our unit, the stabilizers are to the rear of the 4 point auto-leveling system and the stabilizer motor shuts off automatically when they touch the ground. I don't know for sure, but I'd assume yours should also. I suppose if the motor kept going, it might be possible to bend them, but I'm not even sure the motor is strong enough to do that.

If they were in contact with the ground, and the front jacks were then extended, I would expect the weight of the rig to be on the stabilizers, bending them.

Chocking the wheels ought to help reduce motion, and there are aftermarket add-ons that use cross braces in the front that a lot of people recommend (not talking about pinbox tripods).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
As Dan stated, the rig must be leveled first. The rear stabilizers are the last thing to go down and should not have excess weight on them. If you adjust the front leveling jacks after the stabilizers are down, you will bend them.

porthole

Retired
If the jacks bent once they need to be replaced. Getting them straight will not stop them from bending again. The steel is weakened.