Replace 32" Sharp wih Larger TV in a 3670RL

bucketman

Has anybody done this? I would love to go to a much larger Smart TV. Do I need to stay inside the frame or can I go larger and have the TV outside the frame? I don't think I need to worry about the weight as the new TV's are much lighter and thinner. Looking for some good recommendations. I can buy a Samsung 40inch for under $300.

Jim

jnbhobe

I have a 40 in Samsung in my 3370 not a hard change over

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

I went "outside the frame" when I installed a new TV in my 3670RL, not a problem. The only measurement I was concerned with was the TV width. I wanted to be able to open the side cabinet door next to the TV when it was secured for travel. You may not have that glass-pane cabinet door due to slight variances in the 3670s.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We upgraded our tv in our former ElkRidge 34QRSL which was the same floorplan as 3670RL. We went outside the frame to a 40", and was not an issue. For travel, we wrapped the tv in the protective foam sleeve (that came with the new tv) before strapping it in.

Also check to see what the mounting bracket holes measure (maybe also found in your current tv manual).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I would like to do this same mod that Len and Erika have done. I saw it in Len's rig and it looks good. Trace

bucketman

We upgraded our tv in our former ElkRidge 34QRSL which was the same floorplan as 3670RL. We went outside the frame to a 40", and was not an issue. For travel, we wrapped the tv in the protective foam sleeve (that came with the new tv) before strapping it in.

Also check to see what the mounting bracket holes measure (maybe also found in your current tv manual).

Great that is the info I was looking for. Just wondering now, after doing more checking that the 43" 4k is becomming a standard size. That shoudn't be more than 2" wider. Do you think that would be a problem as I also have the glass door on the left side.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Replace 32" Sharp wih Larger TV in a 3670RL

I just replaced our 32" Sharp with a 40 inch Visio. Putting in new longer straps to anchor it in place while traveling. Go with the 43. I have the glass door on the left side with plenty of clearance available. Went with the 40 because I needed the extra audio out for DWs Bluetooth hearing aid connection

bucketman

Re: Replace 32" Sharp wih Larger TV in a 3670RL

I just replaced our 32" Sharp with a 40 inch Visio. Putting in new longer straps to anchor it in place while traveling. Go with the 43. I have the glass door on the left side with plenty of clearance available. Went with the 40 because I needed the extra audio out for DWs Bluetooth hearing aid connection

Thank you

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have four Vizio TV's (two in the camper, two in the house).

I've tried the other brands and will always stick with the Vizio's.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We exchanged the 32 inch for a 40 inch in the bedroom. Not a problem.