Reservation CANCELLED without notice

wdk450

I had a reservation for a 21 day stay at at Thousand Trails PioPico near San Diego starting today. I made this reservation 90 days ago. I got an E-mail from Pio Pico saying they were about to start major utility renovations on H section (about 100 of the park's 535 spaces). The email said that people might be moved, or have their reservation cancelled, and to call the park's ranger station to confirm their reservations. I immediately called the ranger station on Thursday, and was told that my reservation was still valid. I even got a greeting email on Friday saying "We can't wait to see you on Monday".
Well, when I pulled into the park this morning, I was told that my reservation had been cancelled. I am a fulltimer and could not find a TT 21 day stay within 200 miles in Southern California. I finally found a family park (non TT) nearby (I was almost going to drive the 200 miles to the TT park near Palmdale). This is probably going to cost me a lot of unexpected park rent expense right at Christmas.
I am mad that such an evidently PLANNED/PERMITTED project was handled like it was an unexpected emergency, with such poor communications.

wdk450

I met up with a Thousand Trails Pio Pico maintenance worker at the local rural hardware store on what would have been the last day of my reserved stay there. I asked him "How is the work going in Section H". He told me that the "work" that had caused the abrupt cancellation of my 21 day stay "Had not yet started".

roy2

did they canx your other reserves for the park also. we are going there in i think in june or july i hope everything is better by then.

mlpeloquin

Bill, sorry to hear what TT did to you. I was notified by another TT member that the park in San Benito, CA has a section off limits now. That section is reserved for other than TT members. There are a lot of full hook up sites without power for years now. They fix them by making them tent sites. So TT members are second class with even fewer working sites available to members. Perhaps PioPico is cleaning up the area and making it "non member sites"!

Nice to see you are passing on your great knowledge to others.

wdk450

All future reservations look OK now, but I am making it a point to get online, call up "My Trips" find the next upcoming reservation, and click on "Send e-mail reconfirmation as the arrival date nears. No guarantee with that (my previous reservation was suddenly cancelled in the afternoon 3 days before arrival - I had checked it that morning). There is an option on your account profile to send SMS (text notification) in case of changes. I have turned this on several times, but keep finding it later turned off. Maybe that is why I did not get ANY notification of the reservation cancellation, but I DID get generic e-mails not SPECIFICALLY addressing me and my reservation 4 days 3 days (morning), so i KNOW they had my e-mail address.