Slide out not working

I have a 2018 Bighorn 3570fl and one slide has no power. All other ones no problem. Trying to figure out how to access wiring. Slide won't open. It's the right hand living room slide.

david-steph2018

What type of slide mechanism is the slide?
Is it a Schwintek, BAL or a Lippert?
Under the "Tools" tab are different manuals for all of these, it may give you a starting point.

What type of slide mechanism is the slide?
Is it a Schwintek, BAL or a Lippert?
Under the "Tools" tab are different manuals for all of these, it may give you a starting point.
Schwintek. I'm thinking it's a wire problem because there is no power to lights only on that side.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The junction box should be on the frame under the slide. Have you looked?

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

The slide-out is 12VDC operation, same as lights. I would start with a quick check of the junction box under the slide that I mentioned prior. Then work out from that point.

wdk450

You will most likely have to cut an access flap in the black Corplast plastic cardboard water sealant/insulation material to access the frame area where the box is most likely located. There will be a flexing support strip for wiring going from the non-moving area near the slideout to the slideout that should be pretty visible. Hopefully you can visually trace the wiring from that flex strip to the junction box under the slideout. Also know that these flex supports failing have been known to cause wiring disconnects.

One question. It's a front living room slide. Directly under the slide is the basement and propane access. I have access through the basement wall to most of the plumbing and some wiring. Looked for the flex strip and could not find it. Would it still be near the frame ?

Hi, Rocky: my wife and I, just 8 days ago, had ALL of the Slides DONE and retracted except for the LIVING ROOM, ENTRY side slide (with the Dining Table and Two recliners on it....A LOT of WEIGHT!

We have a 2020 Landmark 365 Oskkosh Model>>>>>AND THAT LAST SLIDE had water on the SLIDE TOPPER, pooled, from days of rain...so, when it started to POUR OFF of the back end, I told my wife to STOP! THE WATER THEN COMPLETELY DRAINED.

Then, I shouted, "GO"a and the slide would not budge. We had no fewer than 8 neighbors ALL trying to help us with pipe wrenches to Manually Move it (it would only go six inches EITHER WAY) and then finally, our SMART NEIGHBOR said, "it sounds like it might be the batteries!"

So, miraculously, another Neighbor had a fully charged JUMPER CABLE portable Unit (with the two Jumper Cables, re-chargeable to jump start cars). That Neighbor (Andrew) connected it to the House Batteries (supposedly new ONLY A YEAR AGO from the Dealer that sold the used unit to us, and the SLIDE-OUT RETRACTED COMPLETELY.

This then points me to many TWO potential issues: 1) Batteries were drained from pulling in the other three Slides? 2) Battery GROUNDS are poor. 3) BATTERIES ARE DEFECTIVE? 4) CHARGING RATE from the CONVERTER IS POOR. 5) LOOSE WIRE SOMEWHERE in the charging side?

By that time, our unit was winterized and closed up and we were relieved, after being late to leave by 2.5 hours and we took off for the Winter. I will get back to it in the spring.

Next call will be the dealer to provide me with PROOF OF BATTERIES purchase and what the remaining warranty might be????

I went to the TOOLS section on Slideouts, clicked on TWO of the DOC links and they are failing to upload or download.

Does anyone know how to make those TOOLS docs to download. I have downloaded the Main Manual for Heartland before. Suddenly
this function here is not working.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I went to the TOOLS section on Slideouts, clicked on TWO of the DOC links and they are failing to upload or download.

Does anyone know how to make those TOOLS docs to download. I have downloaded the Main Manual for Heartland before. Suddenly
this function here is not working.
I just downloaded to my tablet all of the docs in the slideouts manual list.
Which manual are you having trouble with?

Peace
Dave

It may well be Firefox...I will try Chrome. Thank, Dave

p.s. I was trying to, at firs, download the Lippert Slideout doc. I also do not use Microsoft Word, Excel or any MS
software...I am using OPENOFFICE.