Television mod

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Question about adding sound bar to tv in 3155RLK lounge. Just realized the tv sound was not feeding through the stereo speakers, has anyone here added an after market sound Bar? If so how? Did you have to remove the tv from the wall to do so, are there plugs on the back to hook in to?

Last edited by a moderator:

RoadJunkie

There are a couple of approaches to connecting a sound bar to a television, and solutions are dependent on the available capabilities of both the TV and the sound bar. First, some TVs have an option to connect a fiber optic cable to a sound bar that also has that capability. Next, there is the option to use a micro-plug cable between the TV's audio AUX out into the AUX in on the sound bar. Finally you can connect a USB cable from your TV to the sound bar. Most, if not all of the solutions will require access to the back of the TV. You will also need to program your TV to select your speaker preference between TV and other available options.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thanks RoadJunkie, this gives me a place to start. I'll contact my dealer and find out what I need to remove the tv from the wall.

farside291

If your TV has an HDMI with a Audio Return Channel (ARC) then purchase a sound bar with the same capability. That way the TV and sound bar can talk to each other and you will only need one remote. Plus when you go to your audio options on the TV to choose the output source the sound bar will be one of your choices along with TV speakers. Samsung just came out with an awesome Dolby Atmos sound bar with 11 speakers! Awesome sound, best I have ever heard from a sound bar. In a RV there would be no need for rear speakers because the sound bar as upward pointing speakers that bounce the audio off the roof.

RonandJacki

Member #4106
Thankyou Farside291, I appreciate the feedback. I certainly want good sound. I'll check out the Samsung bar.