Thank Goodness for Heartland Owners!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hey all,

I just wanted to say how blessed we are to have met some good Heartland Owners, Dan and Ann Mayer (danemayer and Ann_Mayer on the forum). We met them through the forum and then in person when staying at the same RV park.

Well, this summer, on our trip from Texas to Colorado Springs, CO and Breckenridge CO, we were staying in the same RV Park again...(Tiger Run Resort, in Breck)....and they REALLY saved our bacon!!

One morning we were headed out to an activity and discovered our truck batteries were dead. Dan came over and helped us try to jump the batteries, but no luck. He helped Tony remove the batteries, then drove him to Frisco, about 10 miles away to test and get two new batteries, then helped him install them.

Not only that --

A few days later as we were prepping to depart for Texas, we discovered a broken shackle on our suspension. We located new parts and drove the truck to get them, in Denver. Upon our return about 3pm, we found out we might have to wait until 10am the next day to get an expensive Mobile RV Tech out to do the work.

Ann & Dan insisted they wanted to help us with the repair, so Tony and Dan made the repairs, in about 2 hours. With tools from both, they made quick work of it.

We can't thank them enough for their hospitality and help!!

So when people ask me, "Why Heartland?" One reason is because of great people we've met through the forum and the Owner's Club. I never expected to become part of a "family" when I bought my RV, but that's what we've experienced.

If ever in a similar situation and able to help, I know we will. After all, we're "family."

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome. Not your problems but the help provided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

I have seen Dan and Ann helping folks with labor and advice at several rallies now. Dan is always first in line when someone has a problem . . . last time I personally saw him in action was when he and a couple of others wrestled with Jay's hot water heater for a few hours in Oklahoma. Great people

jayc

Legendary Member
Dan does an outstanding job as a moderator and has been lots of help to me as well as many others. Good people, both!