The Old Jensen Player Is Dead. What Is The Best Upgrade?

74Beeper

Howdy!

I have a 2009 Razor 3612TS with the Jensen JDV8035 multi media DVD/CD player. It's seen better days and isn't working anymore. I want to upgrade just the head unit and wondering what you guys/gals are running in yours? What do the new Heartlands come equipped with? Pros and cons of what you have would be great!

Thanks!

fe8f07dd3726263530b9491e178f99e8.jpg

The only thing in the oil field that's 100% for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

jbeletti

I looked up the specs on this model and it seems it's a standard single DIN size (7" W x 2" H). If this is the case, it's likely that you'll have several In-Dash DVD Receiver options for replacement. One online resource I'd suggest is Crutchfield.

LBR

Our 2017 CY came equipped with the BOSS deck in the garage.... (not to be confused with Bose)

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I saw a Dual AM/FM/MP3/USB/DVD/BluRay Player with BlueTooth today at Walmart that is a two-DIN mount unit for $100.

They had the same unit, only not a DVD player (ie.- a car stereo) for $57 . . .

- - - Updated - - -

Our 2017 CY came equipped with the BOSS deck in the garage.... (not to be confused with Bose)

No lows . . . must be Bose! :p

I love Bose, but their bass is less than amuzing!

CLB

I saw a Dual AM/FM/MP3/USB/DVD/BluRay Player with BlueTooth today at Walmart that is a two-DIN mount unit for $100.

They had the same unit, only not a DVD player (ie.- a car stereo) for $57 . . .

- - - Updated - - -

No lows . . . must be Bose!

I love Bose, but their bass is less than amuzing!
I had a $20 dual and the Bluetooth quit working now using a pioneer. If you get a radio with DVD you can hook it to your TV and watch movies and if you get one with 3 pre-amps you could be on the way to a really good system. Definitely make sure whatever radio you get has the features you want and the Bluetooth is compatible with your phone and what you want to do. Crutchfield is a good place to check out and they have RV and Marine stereo's. I've got my eye on a gauge radio

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

JohnD

We have a Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD player in the Prowler, but only use it for the audio.

I have a Sony Smart BlueRay/DVD player and use it for music and movies.

ProwlerEntCenterNewStereo-P5100150.jpg

74Beeper

I had a $20 dual and the Bluetooth quit working now using a pioneer. If you get a radio with DVD you can hook it to your TV and watch movies and if you get one with 3 pre-amps you could be on the way to a really good system. Definitely make sure whatever radio you get has the features you want and the Bluetooth is compatible with your phone and what you want to do. Crutchfield is a good place to check out and they have RV and Marine stereo's. I've got my eye on a gauge radio

Thanks for the reply back. I have yet to do anything with the entertainment system. When we go camping, we're so busy "camping" that we really haven't missed not having it. But, we just found ourselves a seasonal spot in north central MN. Before we take our trailer there and set up, I will be addressing that, along with a tankless water heater.

The only thing in the oil field that's 100% for sure, is nothing is for sure.......

74Beeper

We have a Furrion AM/FM/CD/DVD player in the Prowler, but only use it for the audio.

I have a Sony Smart BlueRay/DVD player and use it for music and movies.

View attachment 54720

Does your movie sound play out of all of your stereo speakers as well?

JohnD

Does your movie sound play out of all of your stereo speakers as well?

Yes.

The cable plugged into the front of the stereo runs from the headphone jack of the TV, and the BlueRay player is hooked to the TV with an HDMI cable.

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

Gonna put a bigger TV in there some day . . . too many other things to spend money on right now!

Like new tires and upgrading the springs.

We moved the two TV's from our previous Heartland Trail Runner to the Prowler, and even though this 24" is plenty big enough for viewing, it looks kinda funny in that big entertainment cabinet.

Bones

IRV? Is that a water heater or stereo? As for a water heater, this is what I was looking at installing.
Precision Temp

http://www.precisiontemp.com/rv-500-tankless-water-heater/

It is a head unit installed in some campers.

- - - Updated - - -

IRV? Is that a water heater or stereo? As for a water heater, this is what I was looking at installing.
Precision Temp

http://www.precisiontemp.com/rv-500-tankless-water-heater/

I definitly like the tankless water heaters. when ours gets old I'm probably going to replace it. We tend to run out of hot water

JohnD

I swapped out the stock shower head for the Oxygenics Fury shower head from Camping World:

ProwlerOxyShwrHead-P3160573.jpg

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/fury-handheld-shower-nickel/83903

The chrome and white version is a few dollars less.

Also, you can get one of these at Home Depot and Lowe's, but it is NOT the same thing as the RV version.

Anyway, with this head and our six gallon water heater I've found that I can just crack the hot water faucet open and I can take a 15 minute shower and get good pressure like we have at home!

Usually do quick 'Navy' showers, but did this once just to see how long the hot water would last, plus when showering I turn on both electric and gas.

CLB

Thanks for the reply back. I have yet to do anything with the entertainment system. When we go camping, we're so busy "camping" that we really haven't missed not having it. But, we just found ourselves a seasonal spot in north central MN. Before we take our trailer there and set up, I will be addressing that, along with a tankless water heater.

Another thing that sounds like it might be good for you is to find one with a built-in weather band