Tips for running HDMI cable front to back

Hotrodbud

Hi all, I want to run 2 HDMI cables from the satellite receiver in the rear entertainment slide out, up to the bedroom and basement of our Bighorn 3670RL. Looking for any advice on getting it thru the back half under the floor. Do I need to drop the coroplast? I would rather not do that, but really don't see how else to get thru that rear frame area. Thanks for any advice!

oldelmer1

I use the IOGEAR wireless HDMI device. I see they have updated from the ones I have..
I can connect up to 5 devices to the main box and watch them from any TV. Like Dish Receiver, Blue-Ray #1, Blue-Ray #2, Video camera, things like that.

https://www.iogear.com/solutions/av/?view=994

Here is my link

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=440987&viewfull=1#post440987

Jerrod

I stole this idea from Jarrod(THANKS Jarrod) it works very well, but you have to put the receiver unit in an almost line of site position.

I only have the 1 position unit cause I only use it for Dish Network.

You can also run a CAT 5 cable and get a CAT 5 to HDMI converter also.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The one in my out side TV which is in my dinning slide works perfectly, and it's in the cabinet under the kitchen table. But the one in our bedroom doesn't work as well if I tuck it up out of site.
I see they have completely different ones now then what I have. I might have to upgrade to try them out. I'm not a fan of the old remotes that I have right now. They work but not right away.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hotrodbud

Thanks for the input! Never considered the wireless option, much easier than running wires! I wonder if I could just use one receiver, then into a splitter, for the basement and bedroom TVs. I could put the receiver and splitter in the cabinet at the top of the stairs, and easily route cables from there. I'll have to research this some more. Thank you.

SNOKING

If you have Direct TV, get a main Genie(has 5 receivers) and wireless Mini Genies(uses the receivers in the main genie). I just dumped two of my HDDVRs for two Mini Genies that connect on coax. This gives me much smaller boxes to move around. Learned that Direct now has a newer SWM LNB that supports more than 8 receiver channels. Installer said something like 22. He was nice and gave me extra power supplies for my Genie and the two Mini Genies. Said this will make less stuff for you to move around. And gave me an extra remote for one of my new Mini Genies.

I ordered the bracket to mount the little mini genie behind the wall mounted 32" TV in the little guy/commuter trailer bedroom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F39C1KJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Who shrank the receiver!! Should work out great behind the TV.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181105_045348.jpg
    MVIMG_20181105_045348.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20180822_124543.jpg
    IMG_20180822_124543.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 29