Trouble connecting a sound bar

AnnaIvanZ

We just purchased a Polk sound bar to put on the living room TV in our Cyclone. WE cannot seem to get it to work. We thought there might be something faulty with the sound bar itself, so took it to the house and connected it to our Toshiba. Works fine. We decided to try and swap them out, so took the Bose from the house to the RV. Same deal............a big fat nothing. No matter HOW we connected cables we cannot get it to work. There is no "opt" jack in the back of the TV, so were using the cables with "Audio L/R Out" and then using the single plug on the other end to plug into the sound bar. There doesn't seem to be any other way to do it, so why doesn't it work? We are also connected to a DISH receiver in both the RV and house, but since both of the units work on the house TV...............is there something the matter with the Jensen in the RV? It works other than trying to connect this.

Any ideas from you people out there that are MUCH smarter than the Spousal Unit and I are???:mad:

danemayer

Not all TVs do this, but the Sharp TV that came with our 2011 LM is programmed to turn off the audio outputs when using a digital input. So anything hooked up to an HDMI connector cuts off the audio output. I assume that's to protect intellectual property.

Try connecting the soundbar to the satellite receiver. I'm connected to the optical audio output on the DVR.

avvidclif

Make sure the connections on the back of the TV are audio out. They may be Audio In for connecting to a DVD player. My last RV had one of those RV TV's I had never heard of and it only had Audio In jacks, no out.

Roller4tan

My Samsung unit that came with the Bighorn has a small display that responds to the remote. I can change audio inputs from there or change it over to bluetooth.