TS-3 or BD-3 and mis hitching dropping hte trialer - etc

porthole

Retired
TS-3 or BD-3 and mis hitching dropping the trialer - etc

As some of us found out it is a very real possibility to drop your trailer because of improper hitching.

With the Hensley TS-3 and BD-3 it happens if you forget to pull the pin that releases the handle. With the head that Hensley uses I don't see a way for the pin to be accidentally released on it's own.

If the blocks are between the jaws, the hitch should not release.
If the handle is properly released before hitching, the jaws should be locked when you back in all the way.
If the handle does not move forward when you test it, the hitch should be locked.

OK, we all know "stuff" happens. Jim just ordered the Blue OX capture device. Personally, I never cared for it and actually prefer the device put out by "Butch's services". And it is quite a bit less expensive.

I spoke with Butch and have made arrangements for him to have access to my hitch so that a prototype can be made up.

I have this set to be done during the trip to Goshen. Turns out his shop is right down the road from where I had a planned stop on the way to Goshen, the CMP facility at Camp Perry.

So if you were in the market for a device like this, it may be available by June.

danemayer

Re: TS-3 or BD-3 and mis hitching dropping the trialer - etc

Hi Duane,

Thanks for moving the ball. I emailed Butch a few days ago to ask if he had plans to support Hensley hitches and he said he was working on it but hadn't nailed down a time frame. Sounds like it's making faster progress because of you.

porthole

Retired

Dan, If you asked in the past week his reply was probably based on a couple of conversations we had. He doesn't want to buy the head for obvious reasons. I was going to ship out mine since I still need to do work on it. Since it turns out he is only a few miles from where I will be on the way to Goshen, it's kind of a no brainer.

jbeletti

Great update on this Duane. Butch emailed me that he's working on it but had no planned completion date. This is why I moved on. Hope you can help him move up the schedule and be the first to evaluate it.