Upgrade TV ?

JerryBarger

I have a 2011 Landmark Augusta and was wanting to up grade to a larger TV. We now have a 32" flat screen and where it is located the TV is setting to high when we set at the end of the camper in recliners :( Has anyone replaced OE TV or moved it for better viewing. The wife and I are going to retire in about 2 1/2 years and trying to get ready to take off. We now can only go a week at a time. Any help

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We bought both of our Heartland travel trailers without TV's as you can buy a much better TV for half the price of what is offered from the dealer or factory.

Right now we have both of the LED flat screen TV's in our new 2015 Heartland Prowler that we had in our previous 2013 Heartland Trail Runner . . .

I paid less than half for both of them than what I would have paid for one of them from the dealer or the factory!

Not too mention that they are a much better TV than I would have gotten from the dealership or the factory . . .

Mikek683

I have a 2010 Landmark Augusta and I'm looking to upgrade my living room TV and was wondering if anybody has any information on how much larger you can go and still use the same mounting swivel bracket? Any flat screens I should avoid? I am a full timer retired Navy. Thanks for any and all info anybody can offer. ;o)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I can tell you, any new tv today will be significantly lighter than a 2010 tv. The frames around the picture screen are also much narrower.

In our 2010 ElkRidge, were able to fit a 37" in the same space our original Jensen 32" fit.

Take measurements of the opening and shop with that -- don't fixate on screen size, just look at models that fit your space. You'll be surprised how big you can go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When you jump from a 32" LED to a 37" or larger, the mounting holes on the back of the TV change.

We have two swivel mounts in our Prowler and am looking at putting a larger TV in the entertainment center and moving the 24" from there into the bedroom.

Even though I can go larger, I plan on putting a 32" in that space so that I don't have to replace the swivel mount.

Here is what it looks like now with the 24" TV:

ProwlerEntCenter-P1000301.jpg

The 19" that is in the bedroom will go in the house, but I may just keep it handy to use in the Prowler's basement for an outside TV.

Our TV's are all Vizio's (2 in the house, 2 in the Prowler) . . . have had great luck with them and will probably not switch brands.

Mikek683

Great info TravelTiger! Thank You!! Do you know if most new TVs have standard mounting bolt holes or will line up directly with the mounting bracket? It's an 8"/8"/8"/8" square on the back of the Samsung that came with my trailer, I'd hate to bring home a beautiful new TV and the bolts don't line up or are not the same size threads... too long... too wide etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was afraid of, and thanks JohnD. Maybe there is an adapter plate I can buy to go with my swivel, or just buy a whole new bracket arm. I was sorta hoping to avoid having to do that.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great info TravelTiger! Thank You!! Do you know if most new TVs have standard mounting bolt holes or will line up directly with the mounting bracket? It's an 8"/8"/8"/8" square on the back of the Samsung that came with my trailer, I'd hate to bring home a beautiful new TV and the bolts don't line up or are not the same size threads... too long... too wide etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was afraid of, and thanks JohnD. Maybe there is an adapter plate I can buy to go with my swivel, or just buy a whole new bracket arm. I was sorta hoping to avoid having to do that.

Measure your holes available on the current bracket. Many tv boxes/online specs will list the mounting hole configuration on them these days since more TVs are wall mounted.

Mikek683

Measure your holes available on the current bracket. Many tv boxes/online specs will list the mounting hole configuration on them these days since more TVs are wall mounted.

It's a four bolt, eight inch square configuration. I'll see if I can pull up those stats on Amazon TVs. :)