We have a 2019 Torque T32 Toy hauler. On the under belly/below the garage floor & forward under the kitchen One is holding up the fresh water tank.

dingram9

We have a 2019 Torque T32 Toy Hauler. On the under belly, there are 4 braces. These braces span across the width of the camper, above the axels. Each brace is @ 4 1/2 ft long, made out of steel, with a square mounting bracket on each end, with 4 screw holes. I am assuming they hold the grey, black and fresh tanks. (we know this because we had to empty the fresh tank to raise the brace back up.) This brace was resting on the axel, and the fresh water tank was sagging down under the RV. Is there NOTHING in the floor/framing holding the fresh water tank up besides this brace? All 4 screws were gone on one end and 2 were gone on the other. ALL of these braces only have 2 screws in them. The other 2 holes have NOTHING to screw into. I need a diagram/picture showing what is holding the tanks up. Also, is there anything we could puncture when screwing it back where it belongs? We had to buy bigger/longer screws because the hole was stripped. Thanks

Last edited:

dingram9

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• 20240320_165023.jpg
    20240320_165023.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20240320_165042.jpg
    20240320_165042.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • 20240320_170420.jpg
    20240320_170420.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240320_170424.jpg
    20240320_170424.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31

Dahillbilly

that's what keeps the tanks from sagging/dropping down. Larger self-drilling screws will work BUT if possible, use bolts with self-locking nuts instead. Know problem with tank supports.

wdk450

My 2008 production Bighorn had a sheet of 1/2 inch (?) plywood between the support brace and the tank bottom. In a major frame repair in 2014 (?) I assisted the welder/repairer by replacing this plywood sheet with one of exterior grade that I treated with a water sealing wood treatment, as I had some rot at the center low point where I guess rainwater would accumulate. I also drilled a good sized drain hole in the wood at this low center point, and surface treated the wood in this drain hole.

Hollandt

We have a 2019 Torque T32 Toy Hauler. On the under belly, there are 4 braces. These braces span across the width of the camper, above the axels. Each brace is @ 4 1/2 ft long, made out of steel, with a square mounting bracket on each end, with 4 screw holes. I am assuming they hold the grey, black and fresh tanks. (we know this because we had to empty the fresh tank to raise the brace back up.) This brace was resting on the axel, and the fresh water tank was sagging down under the RV. Is there NOTHING in the floor/framing holding the fresh water tank up besides this brace? All 4 screws were gone on one end and 2 were gone on the other. ALL of these braces only have 2 screws in them. The other 2 holes have NOTHING to screw into. I need a diagram/picture showing what is holding the tanks up. Also, is there anything we could puncture when screwing it back where it belongs? We had to buy bigger/longer screws because the hole was stripped. Thanks
Had the same issue on my Fuel 305. I found that the metal was too thin for self tapping screws to stay in. I used threaded rivets 1/4 - 20 to replace all the fasteners. That was about two years ago and so far they have been holding.. These bars have a a lot of weight on them. My fresh water tank is approximately 90 plus gal so it has about 750 to 800 lbs. in it when full.

wdk450

" . . . These bars have a a lot of weight on them. My fresh water tank is approximately 90 plus gal so it has about 750 to 800 lbs. in it when full. " Then think about 750 to 800 lbs of weight bouncing as you travel down our "great" tax-supported highways.
BTW, I always avoid travelling with a full fresh water tank unless absolutely necessary. Less weight on the axles, and less fuel burned to move that water weight. You can always get water at the campgrounds.

Hollandt

" . . . These bars have a a lot of weight on them. My fresh water tank is approximately 90 plus gal so it has about 750 to 800 lbs. in it when full. " Then think about 750 to 800 lbs of weight bouncing as you travel down our "great" tax-supported highways.
BTW, I always avoid travelling with a full fresh water tank unless absolutely necessary. Less weight on the axles, and less fuel burned to move that water weight. You can always get water at the campgrounds.
Fortunately or unfortunately, depends on what you like, about 95% of my trips are to locations that do not have water and sewer hook ups. Thus I usually have a full load of water.