Wisconsin Dells, WI - August 2005

jbeletti

Well, we're back at the Wisconsin Dells KOA. The first time here was in April to check the place out while scouting for a place to stay in the Dells with the kids for the August trip. The KOA won out. Other than a well used freight train line (like many KOAs I have been at) nearby, this is a great KOA. We've got a nice shaded site away from the bustle of the pool and office/store area. We're about a mile from downtown Dells so it's a great campground in a great location.

Setup camp yesterday, did some shopping and walking around downtown Dells plus some planning for this week.

We're going to Noah's Ark water park today. This morning, Nathan and I setup the dish for the first time. I used the backup camera monitor in the truck with the receiver on the seat powered by an inverter. Worked great. We had signal right away. Fine-tuned it and brought all the stuff inside the trailer, hooked it all up, called Dish and bing, done!

Attached is a picture of the rig sitting in the CG. Nancy is online on her laptop in the picture planning her China work trip. Lucky her - it was supposed to be in London again. I think China may be safer at this point.

Jim

Attachments

• trailer_dells_lg.jpg
    trailer_dells_lg.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 27
  • NLDT_Dells_Train_lg.jpg
    NLDT_Dells_Train_lg.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 21

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
JIm,

I think we are going to have to give you an "atta-boy" as I didn't read anything about running over stop signs or tree limbs. I think you are going to get the hang of it!:D

Glad you are having a good time. We will begin packing for a trip the week after next to the Outer Banks in NC. Hoping the hurricanes will give us a break! We plan to spend a week out there. Going to give the old Bighorn a work out!

Have a great weekend and keep us posted on your adventures.

Phil

jbeletti

Funny guy Phil. But yeah - good trip and no "misadventures" thus far.

Best of luck on your trip to NC! Let us know how the trip in the BigHorn goes.

Okay, being totally honest and trying to come up with one misadventure, we forgot the tent! Brought it home in the back of the truck last time we used it, put it in the garage and there it safely is.

A quick trip to Walmart and we now own another tent. At least tents are cheap.

Noah's Ark was great. The new water ride, Black Anaconda was almost worth the long wait in line too.

Went to Extreme World for Go-Karts late today. Fastest around here. That was fun!