Suburban Recall

NewHopians

Have Suburban range in our 2023 Bighorn 3215RL 5th wheel. Had a TSB for wiring not insulated behind knobs. Had this fixed and now there is a recall to have the wiring to the knob lights and the oven control light cut and capped to prevent and shorts. I had the TSB corrected within two weeks of buying the rig. Not crazy about the new fix to take away the knob lights and the oven light. This is one reason we liked this rig because of the lights that can be on when using burners and a safety feature if something got left on. How many are having this same issue on this stove situation?

roh1332

It is effecting me. I have a 2023 Torque. Go to NTSB website and look up recall. Over 10000 units effected. I use those lights as a nightlight. Seems shady to just get rid of a feature as a fix. Maybe actually fix the problem? Just a thought?

NewHopians

I agree and I have contacted suburban and they say that is the fix for now. I had the TSB done and may not do this stupid repair.

Torque Man

Kind of like buying a new car with bad tires and the fix is to just remove the tires. We got the same recall, screw it, I'll take my chances.

NewHopians

The stove still is the worst one we have ever had in a rig. The pilot goes out when set at 300 to warm anything then relight pilot and burner at 400 degrees it stays on. Don’t get me started on the Insignia Residential refrigerator from Best Buy Heartland put in the new rigs.