New members in MN

Just brought home a 2014 North Trail FX 23. So far I have had a few problems that have me wondering if i made a bad decision. I did a thorough inspection before I left the dealership and noted that the door is rubbing on the door casing. Not just rubbing, but is obviously installed improperly. The dealership sales person and the service guy said that it's not that big of a deal and to wait until it wears through and bring it back for warranty work. They said that all of the 2014 FX 23's have this door flaw because the top hinge was removed and were spun around to mount to the wall instead of the top of the door. It will get worse and fail at some point.... The next thing I have to report is that i could only open the awning partially at the dealership, because it was parked next to another unit. when i got home, I set it up and it seemed fine. After putting it down, the bottom bracket pulled right out of the wall. Not happy. The stop was set way too high and was putting too much pressure on the bracket. Must have been installed like that at the manufacturer. Wow. It must have taken a lot of effort to get that thing put together like that. I moved the stop up two whole places and then the bolt holes were still 1/4 inch too high. Unreal. I hope the rest of this thing doesn't fall apart before I get to go camping in it. :mad:

olcoon

Welcome to the Heartland Forum & family. Hopefully you'll get your problems resolved soon, & you've got a good dealer that will take care of you. One thing to consider is attending a rally, you'll meet a bunch of great people who are more than willing to help you, & give you some good advise. The MN chapter is having their rally soon, here is a link to that thread, and there is one coming up sooner in IA, here is a link to it. Good luck & I hope you get your problems taken care of!

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
We also want to welcome you to the Heartland Family and to the Forum! It's always nice to have another MN member on the forum!
This forum is a great place to get your questions answered and it's really nice to have the support you get from it! Working with your dealer is a great place to get things done! If you need to, keep that list for any things you find so as you work with your dealer!
Like Roy suggested, we encourage you to take part in the clubs many rallies. The MN rally is coming up on soon and the IA rally is just around the corner!