Awning arm bent

Mrjd

We are on our first trip with our 4150 and a small gust of wind bent the arm on the awning. Any suggestions to make the arms stronger?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wind is an awnings worst enemy.

We only put our awning out when we are using it and put it up when we are not.

We even put it up if we leave the camp site for a walk or bike ride.

Been to that rodeo . . .

danemayer

Lippert has a new product called the Awnbrella that may help. The web page says it's good for destination trailers where the awning is left extended for long periods. At the Goshen Rally, the Lippert team claimed it reduces/eliminates flapping from wind.

HOWEVER, I haven't actually seen it in operation and don't know anyone who's tried it. So I can't say whether it would really prevent damage.

CoveredWagon

We are on our first trip with our 4150 and a small gust of wind bent the arm on the awning. Any suggestions to make the arms stronger?

Did you use the lock down hand screws on the both arms. One is right by the door ( on our 3270) the other is on the front arm half way up. You'll need a step ladder or stool to reach it.

carl.swoyer

I buy large spikes at home Depot and always tie the awning down. I do put it in when I'm not around.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mrjd

Thanks for the advice. We don't have locks on the powered awning. I think we are going to look for a mod to reinforce and then tie down