08 Cyclone 4012 Is there an overflow outlet for the gray tank?

RobertV

Two questions. Not sure if I should have posted them separately.

I have never overfilled the gray tank in this RV. Went camping and had an extra family with us. After a few days the gray tank filled up. Instead of gray water filling up the shower (or something else) it appears to have overflowed from above the gray tank but I don't know where. The gray water was flowing out from the paneling that encloses the underbelly of the trailer. I can't tell where the overflow is coming from. I don't know if this is normal behavior or if some fitting broke loose. I have not peeled back the paneling to more closely inspect.

Another observation is that when the water tank is full I can see some water splashing or sloshing out as I drive. Anyone seen this?

Thanks,
---Robert

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Robert,
The gray water tank should not be overflowing. If it is full, it should back up into the sink or shower. I suspect the something shifted with the weight of a full tank of water. Possibly a broken connection, or crack in the tank. If it were me, I would drop the under belly on the off-door side of the rig and see where it is coming from.

I have seen some fresh tanks that do have overflow outlets. Normally it is a spigot up under the coach, just above the frame.
Or, could it be sloshing out of the filler cap in the UDC? Mine has done this on occasion when full.

I don't normally drive far with a full tank of water. When I have and if I park on an incline sometimes I will get a little water under the rig. Trace

crazybanshee

Ours backs up in the shower first. Never have had the tanks leak water when full. Sounds like might be a broken or disconnected vent tube.

ILH

Road Warriors are similar construction. My grey overflows into shower. Fresh tank overflows at the top of my main steps (below the floor line).