12 volt lights in big horn

grandan48

very happy with the purchase of a 2010 3055RL was used very little! springbreak & grandkids - after moving it the lights on the rangehood, over the sink, and over the computer desk fail to work. the fuse seems good & if i run a jumperwire to either end all 3 will work please let me know if u have any ideas dan

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Grandan48 and welcome to the forum. You should get some ideas here.
I would turn on the switch that is supposed to turn on those lights and go to all the other lights on that circuit. Then I would remove the fixture and check for any crimp connector that may be loose. Trace the circuit. Thats all I got.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you own a " 12V test lite", start at the source of power and trace the circuit to the end. If you have 12V at the switch...start there. Maybe you lost a common ground on all 3 lites.

HappyKayakers

I had a similar problem after returning from a dealer for something totally unrelated. All the 12v in my kitchen slide was out. The wire bundle underneath the slide had rubbed against a tire and separated one wire. That fix was very easy. I also noted that I had no 12v at all in my entertainment slide after taking initial delivery. That one had to go back to the dealer for repair. They found that some wires in the underbelly had never been connected.
Hope your problem is the simple one.

grandan48

thanks for all the help ran a new hot wire from fuse box to the base of kit cab & now they work
If you own a " 12V test lite", start at the source of power and trace the circuit to the end. If you have 12V at the switch...start there. Maybe you lost a common ground on all 3 lites.
I had a similar problem after returning from a dealer for something totally unrelated. All the 12v in my kitchen slide was out. The wire bundle underneath the slide had rubbed against a tire and separated one wire. That fix was very easy. I also noted that I had no 12v at all in my entertainment slide after taking initial delivery. That one had to go back to the dealer for repair. They found that some wires in the underbelly had never been connected.
Hope your problem is the simple one.

Last edited by a moderator: