12 volt plug

Bob Vaughn

In our 3250TS there is no 12 volt plug...Why is that ? My xm radio runs on 12 volt but I have no place to plug it in....I have some other things that run on 12 volt.....This is the first camper that I have ever owned that did not have a 12 volt plug....:(

jnbhobe

Hardly any of the newer units have 12v plugs. There are none in my 09 3370, but if I need some I'll install them.

djlogan

Not an overly complicated project to install a 12V outlet, (I did it last weekend), but I agree that Heartland should probably include at least one or two.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Never had one in any of our rigs! Never really needed one but you just never know!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Our rig came with one back in 06. The only thing I use it for is a small plug in 12V LED light that I use to illuminate the area behind the bedroom TV if I need to do any work back there. I guess they hadn't started to phase them out yet. I can see the need for them for Cyclone and even others. It shouldn't be something that difficult to install after market if you absolutely have to have one.

Dee_Jay

I agree Bob. We have the big country 3450 and it doesnt have one either. I really miss it as I always charged my cell using the 12 volt plug. I can use the usb port on the stereo to plug the cord in I use at home, but then that cord hangs down if the phone is on the counter in front of the tv, or you have the option of putting it in the cupbord next to the stereo. A bit hard to hear it inside a cupboard. Wonder how hard it is to install one........

Riverman

You can pick up kits at any auto supply store or if you prefer the style that also includes the TV hookup, those are readily available at any RV parts store. They are extremely handy when dry camping, and are quite simple to install. I have added multiple to our Cyclone.

DougS

Doug S
Our rig came with no 12 volt outlets. I installed 5 outlets in probably 45 minutes. I will probably only use one at a time. The one behind the TV and one at the foot of the bed has come in handy several times.

wyleyrabbit

I added a couple of 12V plugs to our Bighorn in the basement, one on either side. Very handy for hooking up little air compressors to top up the trailer tires. Used 14 gauge wire and some zap straps, and they work great.