12 volt wiring to kitchen slide on Bighorn 3670

Lance & Jo

Last week we blew a tire that took out all the lines running into the kitchen slide. So far I have been able to sort out the propane and 120 V lines but haven't been able to figure out the 12V. I have a Blue and White wire with 12V at the box on the frame but any connecting wires to the slide are somewhere back on the highway. So am looking for any info on how/where the 12V enters the slide. Have tried chasing the fridg power but loose the line in the slide construction. Can call Heartland on Monday but am hopeing for a solution this weekend.

jbeletti

Re: 12 volt wireing to kitchen slide on Bighorn 3670

Can you remove the lower vent for the refer and look for some wiring in there?

You should be able to tell where the wiring entered the slide through the slide floor. Can transfer that location out to the sidewall of the RV? From there, measure horizontally over to some item on the coach, that tou can find inside the coach. Then measure over from the inside of the coach. At that point, remove the lower drawer or look to the back/bottom of a cabinet that corresponds to that location. Perhaps you will see the wiring inside there.

Lance & Jo

Re: 12 volt wireing to kitchen slide on Bighorn 3670

Thanks Jim, had tried that with no luck. Finally just removed everything except the fridge and traced all the wires. While I can't actually prove my findings because the original input wires are alongside the road somewhere this is how the circuit works (just in case anyone else has similar problem). Input comes to the slide through same forward corner as 115 lines then up through back of fridge cabinet, connecting at the 12V input to the fridge which is a screw clamp connection. From there it goes up behind the fridge and through the cabinet walls to the light next to the stove. From there back down the same route then across behind the lower drawers and into the rear wall of the slide. It comes back out at the stove hood to power the fan and light. Like most other things in our rigs you just have to dig a little to figure it out but again it would be nice if things like wiring diagrams could be made available. Would have saved me a day of work and more importantly Jo wouldn't be so happy with me for tearing the trailer apart again.