12v to 6v

cabells

I own a 2010 3010 Cyclone, I am in the process of replacing the 12 volt battery with two 6 volt batteries. Do I need to do anything to the converter to make sure the 6 volts charge up when the generator is on or plugged in?

jimtoo

Hi cabells,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

If your batteries are hooked up correctly, positive to a negative and then just like your 12v was hooked up with the positive and negative cables,,, you would have no problems... You just have a 12v battery. A BIG 12v battery. Your not going to 6v,,, your still at 12v, just more capacity to run lights and stuff.

Enjoy the forum and I am moving this out of the ATF thread.

Jim M

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Brian,

I moved your thread to the Cyclone - Electrical area where owners can better answer this question better than the Factory. There are many owners that have replaced the 12 volt batteries with 6 volt batteries.

GOTTOYS

Everything will be the same except it will take longer to charge up and longer to run down...Don