2 bedrooms with sleeping for 3-4

funntheson

Hey guys and gals. We love our Bighorn 3585, but with a 14 year old son with a disability that will be traveling with us on the majority of our trips, the layout doesn't quite suit our needs.

What we are looking for (maybe the end of this year, or the beginning of next year) is a 2 bedroom trailer that has many of the same amenities that we have currently. We don't want a trailer that has sleeping for 8 people. The second bedroom could have one wall with a daybed, or an open wall where we can put our own daybed. Another wall can have an entertainment center possibly with a bunk above it. Also, for security reasons, we do not want a second door that leads to the second bedroom/bathroom area.

We would love to stay with the Heartland brand, but may be forced to look elsewhere.

Please feel free to respond or PM me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, good luck with your search for the right unit. I know a few years ago Heartland had a Big Country floor plan that had a separate rear area with a half bath and would have worked but I don't think it's available any longer. I hope all works out well for you though.
On edit, something like this GREYSTONE 33QB may work. It has a separate rear area with a 1/2 bath. The bunks on one side could be converted as needed to an entertainment area or cabinets for storage. Anything is possible...

olcoon

Larry,
Heartland makes several models that have 2 bedrooms. Elk Ridge, Greystone, & Sundance are some that I found. Looks like they all have bunk beds in the 2nd bedroom, but if needed, maybe they could be converted to a full sized bed. You can go to Heartland's website look at the floor plans & photos, then find a dealer that has the one you like to have a look at it. Maybe if they don't have the one you like, you could at least look at a similar one & go from there.

jimtoo

I would suggest you call Heartland direct and explain your needs yourself. The Gateway, Elkridge, and Sivlerado all show a 2nd bedroom.. there is a possibility the outside door to the halfbath could be eliminated and other changes made to the 2nd bedroom also. Worth a free phone call.

Jim M

wehavefun

Bighorn made a 3800 with the layout you are talking about, call Wilkins RV in Bath, NY ask for Helene, she is very knowledgeable.
1-800-724-2105. They had a used one a month ago or so ago it was in perfect condition.
Good luck