2 Plus 5 Warranty

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Does anyone know what the 2 + 5 Warranty advertised on the Landmarks mean? I could not explain this to someone who asked.:confused:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It is 2 years bumper to bumper and five years on the structure (walls, roof and floor decking) the caveat is your rig must be inspected by a qualified service center annually at your expense.

danemayer

It is 2 years bumper to bumper and five years on the structure (walls, roof and floor decking) the caveat is your rig must be inspected by a qualified service center annually at your expense.
The inspections are obviously intended to catch caulking and other issues where water intrusion could damage the structure. I'm sure the cost of the inspection will vary widely from dealer to dealer. At a rally in South Texas 2 years ago, the GM of Ron Hoover RV said he'd do the inspections at no charge as part of the relationship. But I don't know if he's ever been asked to do so.

I'd think it would be helpful to negotiate inspection frequency and cost at the time of initial purchase, and get it in writing. You might be able to get it written into the contract at no extra cost. I'd expect that when trying to sell a high-end RV, the sales people will probably think about it as an annual 30 minute inspection and a tube of caulk - almost no cost to the dealership.