2008 Big Country 3500 RL TV Mount

Tom-Kathi

I know there are a million posts on this subject, but I am hoping for an answer from someone in a BC 3500 RL. I am getting a new LED tv and need to replace the old tv mount. Has anyone with this trailer replaced the old tv mount with a new one for a larger flat panel? Im installing a 39inch Westinghouse LED.

I assume I need to use a similar mount that is attached on the left of the opening or has anyone had luck with a rear attached mount?

Thanks as always!!!!

Tom

caissiel

I just installed a 39in smart tv in our 09 35rl.
Used a full motion support arm from Home Depot, it came with all attachments for the fit of tv.
Our tv needed 800x800 attachments so larger tv mount works,

Existing mount was not adjustable, i still use straps for travel and made a base support to support TV,

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Tom-Kathi

I just installed a 39in smart tv in our 09 35rl.
Used a full motion support arm from Home Depot, it came with all attachments for the fit of tv.
Our tv needed 800x800 attachments so larger tv mount works,

Existing mount was not adjustable, i still use straps for travel and made a base support to support TV,

Did you have any issues mounting it on the wall? I assume you removed the old mount and put the new one in its place? I will check Home Depot today.

Thanks!

Tom

caissiel

Yes i did and the support is fairly wide. With the full movement centering is easier as the arms can swing and tv can be moved sideways to center between the doors.
The longer single arm articulate unit might be cheaper but it needs to ne installed 13.5 inches of center and might not be any supports.

caissiel

Did you have any issues mounting it on the wall? I assume you removed the old mount and put the new one in its place? I will check Home Depot today.

Thanks!

Tom

Yes i did and the support is fairly wide. With the full movement centering is easier as the arms can swing and tv can be moved sideways to center between the doors.
The longer single arm articulate unit might be cheaper but it needs to ne installed 13.5 inches of center and might not be any supports.

On the bedroom tv i left the stand and park i on the shelf, the arm prevent tv from falling,

Tom-Kathi

I ended up using a basic wall type mount and attached it to the factory mount. Works great and didnt have to make any big alterations to the trailer. Ended up drilling 3 holes for the mounting brackets. Much easier than I thought it would be.

Love my 39in TV!!