2009 Sundance 2900mk Slide Out Adjustment Help Needed

heiserk

Hi everyone. So...my wife and I just purchased a used 2009 Sundance 2900mk 5th wheel. We love the layout and this is our first 5th wheel. Got her home last night and started packing her up. When we finished for the night, I went to pull in the kitchen slider and I did not know she left a step stool on the floor. It was hidden from my view when I went to close the unit. My son noticed something wasn't quite right and yelled at me (thank goodness), so I opened it back up but too late. It ended up skipping a tooth or two on the rail closest to the camper door. Now when it's closed, the side closest to the door is out about 1/2". Anyone know how I can adjust this back to normal? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ken.

jimtoo

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Look at the top blue line on the forum and you will see the "Tools" area. You should be able to find the manual for slides there.

Enjoy the forum and your Sundance.

Jim M

heiserk

Thanks Jim. I'm hoping it's a semi-easy fix/adjustment. I can't believe we screwed it up the same day we brought it home.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ken, put checking around the slides on your list of things to do when setting up and leaving a CG. It's a MUST DO thing. I always use the slide switch on the inside. You can hear something smashing and let go of the switch.

heiserk

Will do Bob! Our previous camper had a slide but only one. didn't have any issues with tight fits. Live and learn I guess.