2013 North Country 32bhdd

JerryM

I just purchased my first TT a few weeks ago and my front slide has lost power. I consider myself to be fairly mechanical and I have traced my wiring from front to back. I have power on everything coming out of panel but I don’t have power to my switch. I can run a jumper wire from my battery straight to the slideout switch and it works. Is there another fuse or box that I’m overlooking? Also there is a label above both slideout switches that says “OFF DOOR”. Does anyone know what in the world that means? Thanks in advance for any advice or help!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

"Off door" refers to the side of the coach that doesn't have the entry door.

High-current devices, like slides, are usually powered through 12V DC mini-circuit breakers located near your battery. If no power at the switch, measured from either side of the switch to a known good ground, then you'll need to trace back to the circuit breakers.

There's typically a row of breakers covered by a red rubber boot.

For more on this, see pages 23-27 of our owner-written Electrical user guide.

JerryM

Thank you for your quick response. I have checked the three circuit breakers next to the battery. It’s showing hot coming off the top of each one. I did have to replace one that was broken while installing the equalizer hitch, but again, they are all three showing power going through.

"Off door" refers to the side of the coach that doesn't have the entry door.

High-current devices, like slides, are usually powered through 12V DC mini-circuit breakers located near your battery. If no power at the switch, measured from either side of the switch to a known good ground, then you'll need to trace back to the circuit breakers.

There's typically a row of breakers covered by a red rubber boot.

For more on this, see pages 23-27 of our owner-written Electrical user guide.

danemayer

Thank you for your quick response. I have checked the three circuit breakers next to the battery. It’s showing hot coming off the top of each one. I did have to replace one that was broken while installing the equalizer hitch, but again, they are all three showing power going through.

When you checked for 12V at the switch, I'm assuming that one lead was on a known ground (not on the switch) and the other lead touched each connection at the switch to probe for 12V. If that's correct, you must have an open connection between breaker and switch. If that's not how you checked, test the switch again.

Slide switches are typically wired as shown on p38 of the Electrical user guide. So one of the center pins should be hot.