2013 Outside motion light

traveler44

I installed my own Smart Light motion sensor lights on both side of the 09 bighorn about 3 years ago. I had problems with mine coming on when the weather was warm. I think they sense body heat or something. I sent the first set back and told them they weren't sensitive enough to come on without waving my arms at it. They sent me another set of the old type lights. I thought the new ones were supposed to be more sensitive and brighter though. Mine do come on when I flip the switch once and they go into motion sensor mode when the switch is switched on twice. I replaced the porch light on the door side and the scare light on the off door side with the Smart Lights and I have the light switches in the control panel in the 09 model. Tom

JanAndBill

Figured out the problem with my light - bulb burned out. Since this is a brand new unit and other have posted the same issue here, is there a problem with this light????? I very seldom if ever had to replace the bulb in the exterior light on any of my previous RV's.

Dmahrt

Guess I am blind. Still haven't found the switch. Just stand there and wonder when stand there and wonder if it will go off.

traveler44

Figured out the problem with my light - bulb burned out. Since this is a brand new unit and other have posted the same issue here, is there a problem with this light????? I very seldom if ever had to replace the bulb in the exterior light on any of my previous RV's.
I just replaced the first bulb in mine today. I knew something was wrong when it wouldn't come on when I just flipped the switch once. The bulb was tinted black but I couldn't see any break in the filament but it comes on right away with the new bulb. I have the old type fixture so my bulb is a number 1003 bulb so I replaced it with a 1003LL. LL-thats -- long life. Tom

tssanders

We have tried and tried to get the cover off, it's impossible! Short of boring two of the screws out, not sure what else to try. My light is not working, so I need to check the bulb. Any suggestions? I sure do not want to break it or strip the square screws...thanks!

danemayer

We have tried and tried to get the cover off, it's impossible! Short of boring two of the screws out, not sure what else to try. My light is not working, so I need to check the bulb. Any suggestions? I sure do not want to break it or strip the square screws...thanks!
Hi tssanders,

Any chance you could post a photo of the light fixture in question. I expect someone will recognize it and tell you how to get the cover off.

DonHelenL

I have been reading all these posts on the outside motion detecting light and it seems for the most part there is a lack of information re: the operation of the units. I have recently purchased a BH with one of these lights and am going through the same frustrations. My (BH)manual package came with a company manual for the light and explains the procedure quite well. My light works great on manual mode. When on automatic, the blue led flashes during daylight hours( battery is good and motion sensor will not turn light on). At dusk the led turns green( battery is good, motion detector will turn on the light). It has never turned the light on by walking to the door of the trailer. I have succeeded in getting it to work "TWICE", by standing in the door way and waving my hands in front of it. BUT ONLY TWICE. I tried to take the lens cover off to adjust the sensitivity but was afraid that I was going to break something as the screws were very very difficult. I guess that I can be added to the list of BH owners with a faulty outside MD light. DL