2015 3110 Cyclone Toyhauler. Taillights

JMullins3

Hello,
Anyone out there ever replaced the taillight. I ordered a pair from amazon, when arrived I noticed on the back there is little "bump out" (See Pic) where the wires come through. On my existing taillight there is no "bump out" (I'm using the word "bump out" 'cause I really do not know what it's called.) Anyway, the hole where the wires come through on the RV is too small for the "bump out" and I cannot drill a larger hole because of the wires. I have no idea how to get to the wires from inside of the RV to pull through to drill a larger hole. I did talk to Heartland, according to them this is an OEM product. Appreciate any help on this.

Thank you
Jay

20230906_141230[1].jpg

wdk450

If you look on the back side of your original taillight you should see a DOT (Department of Transportation) type number embossed or printed. If the lens itself is detachable, it may have its own DOT number, which may help you find the housing with a websearch. Enter the DOT number in a web search to see if you can find the original manufacturer, and maybe online distributors.

JMullins3

If you look on the back side of your original taillight you should see a DOT (Department of Transportation) type number embossed or printed. If the lens itself is detachable, it may have its own DOT number, which may help you find the housing with a websearch. Enter the DOT number in a web search to see if you can find the original manufacturer, and maybe online distributors.
Thank You. I'll give that a try.