2015 Heartland Bighorn 3570RS AC ducting

I was doing the walk through for my brand new 2015 Heartland Bighorn 3570RS and the ducting is not connected between the front and rear AC. There also is not a supply vent in the bathroom, but there is a return in it. Every RV I have owned has had connected ducting which allows you to just use one AC unit to cool the whole RV. Did I get a unit that is not built correctly?

jimtoo

Hi Sdnkpowell,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I would suggest you call Heartland Customer Service and check with the factory reps.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jlv48

Hey Sdnkpowell, did you get or find any info on your 3570 ducting problem? I have the exact same problem on my brand new 3570, found it on the first camping trip. Just got back today and will call Customer Service next week, but wondering if you found out anything about this problem. Looks like they built a few like this. Thanks

Brazos

You know you guys got me to wondering so I went out and checked our 2015 3570RS. I have a ceiling AC supply vent on the ceiling at the hall door just inside the bathroom. It is inline with the ceiling outlets for the bedroom. I am assuming this round vent is for the AC for the front AC. There is a heat register on the floor in front of the linen cabinet. I do believe the ducts are not connected and does not need to be since there are two air conditioners with two different zones. For the size of the rig one AC might have trouble cooling both rear and front areas.